Chapter 25

I woke up, barely any memory of the night before, until they began to flood back. After seeing Jughead and Archie at Pop's they took me home to dads and I passed out almost immediately.

I walked across the landing, which creaked on every step, before I reached the bathroom door. The light was flickering, and the door wasn't completely shut so i pushed it open gently. What is saw caused me to scream at the top of my lungs, Jason was covered in blood in the bath, I then looked down and my outfit was stained crimson along with a splattered red knife, which i gripped in my palm tight. The knife fell to the ground as my boy began to shake, tears just poured from my eyes as I screamed again. I ran to him in the bath and began to shake him, but it was too late. I screamed again as I fell to my knees.

I woke up screaming, I could feel my cheeks were wet and I wiped the tears away immediately. Joaquin burst through the door and I jolted up.

"Are you okay?!" He asked, his breath quickened and I nodded slowly and flashed a fake smile.

"Just a dream." I hoped, he sat on my bed and pulled me into a hug which actually made me feel okay.

"Wheres dad?" I asked surprised that he hadn't entered yet. Joaquin pulled away and sighed.

"Serpent business, I'm not sure what but he said it was really important." Joaquin said and I nodded, I looked at my phone, it was 9am on a Sunday and dad was already out... something wasn't right and I was going to find out. After a conversation with Joaquin he left the house to meet Kevin whilst I got ready for the day, I stared at the jacket that dad had given to me, the serpent logo on the back I wanted to wear it so badly.... I took a quick shower before wiping away to steam from the bathroom mirror and staring at my dull appearance, I sighed and then my phone began to ring so I picked it up from the bathroom counter.

"Hello?" I said as I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, I have something to tell you..." Jughead said and I nodded, despite the fact that he couldn't see me.

"What is it?" I asked happily, oblivious to what he was going to tell me.

"Last night after we dropped you off at home..." He stopped and I rolled my eyes.

"Well spit it out Jug." I hissed, getting impatient.

"Him and Veronica kissed, and I'm pretty sure it went further"

My grip on the phone tightened, and my eyes filled with water before I ended to call. My phone dropped to the floor and I could hear the phone crack as it collided with the tiles. I took a deep breath and started at my appearance my confidence had dropped even lower, I don't know why I was so mad, probably because all the things he did and said to me were just lies, a game. My fist suddenly collided against the mirror, causing the glass to fly out and scatter around the sink and on the ground, blood trickled thickly down my hand and the pain was numbed by adrenaline. I simply held my hand under the faucet until the blood had disappeared, I could see how shit y knuckles had become now, they'd never looked this bad before. I walked into my own room and began to get dressed, I started with a plain white shirt and black skinny jeans and a belt, paired with heeled ankle boots that were decorated with zippers. I dried my hair and it curled slightly to my shoulders, I had actually done my makeup, my eyes were smoky and my lips were slightly darker than usual. I took in my appearance in the full length mirror and grinned in confidence, before pulling out my serpent jacket and putting it on, it fit perfectly and my smile grew wider. I left my house after sticking a knife in my belt, knowing that I needed protection in this not so safe town. I went into dads garage and found his old bike, I ditched the helmet and just got onto it, I vaguely remember the lessons I had been taught when I was little and so I'm sure it'd be a piece of cake. I pulled to bike out of the garage and sat on it, before revving it and shooting off down the street. At first I couldn't really ride it, and I was a bit shaky but by the time I reached the south side, I had mastered it.