Chapter 26

Ravens POV

It had been a few weeks since I had left, and it was Wednesday morning as I walked back through the streets that were stranded due to the early time. The misty air was cold and even though I'd only been gone 2 weeks, it felt like a lifetime. I carried on walking until I found myself standing outside of the Andrews household, I didn't know what to do, but then the front door opened and I saw his fatherly eyes and his mouth was open and his eyes wide when he stopped because he saw me.

"Raven." He mumbled and I walked up the steps to the house, he pulled me into a hug and after a moment we pulled away.

"Raven, feel free to go in but I'm off to work." Fred said and I smiled, whilst nodding.

"Just be careful, ever since you left he's been....different." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"Different how?" I asked and he sighed.

"He was devastated, especially because you didn't say goodbye and well, you'll have to find out what I mean." Fred said whilst pushing the front door open and i nodded before shutting the door behind me. I slipped my shoes off and slowly and quietly walked up the carpeted steps, I arrived at the door to Archie's room and my hand lingered on the door knob for a moment before I finally twisted it and pushed the door open. Archie was just zipping the zipper to his jeans, he was still topless and I assumed he was getting ready for school . I had already ditched the jacket, I didn't want to be a serpent, not if they killed Jason, especially because I thought it was me! Archie spun around as he put a white shirt on and I gave him a small smile, I thought he was going to yell, or just ignore my presence but instead, his muscle arms wrapped tight around me after he had run over to me and picked me up, swinging me around. I laughed as I was in his arms again, his smile practically lit the room, it was the smile I hadn't seen in a long time. He eventually let me go and I couldn't help myself, my hand fell on his cheek and our lips collided together, as if it was long awaited. We continued to kiss passionately, as if our lips were a puzzle piece. I collapsed onto his bed and Archie laid on top of me, his hand still rested in my cheek and his body pressed on top of mine. We pulled away to catch our breath and I laughed as I saw his flustered face.

"You need to finish getting ready, Andrews." I teased and he smiled and rolled his eyes playfully. I had missed this ginger goofball so much.

"Raven?" I heard his usual quiet voice and I spun around, my smile faded once I saw the expression on his face, I had left him again even after I promised I wouldn't.

"Jug..." I said, I looked down, I couldn't look him in the eye, not after what I had done. He walked towards me and his slightly scrawnier arms wrapped around me, his head rested in my shoulder and I hugged him back smiling that we were okay this time round. Archie cleared his throat and we released from the hug and I giggled at Archie's jealousy, before ruffling his ginger hair.

"Don't be jealous Arch, besides I'm with Betty now." Jughead said and my eyes widened as my smile grew even wider.

"Really!? Oh my god I've been trying to get you together for ages!" I squealed and hugged him again, before releasing the hug and letting my arm fall around Archie's waist. Jughead flashed me a smile, and I couldn't help but think about how cute it was that him and Betty were together.

"I'll leave you to....to talk about.." Jughead said mysteriously before leaving and I furrowed my brows, Archie's arm was still around my shoulders and I sat down in the bed, releasing from his grip.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked, an obvious smile on my lips and he sighed and rubbed his face and I had a horrible feeling I knew what it was.

"It's Veronica isn't it." I muttered and he nodded ashamed and I sighed before rubbing my face also.

"So you just kissed me, and you're with her? I knew that when you kissed her that night, that it wasn't just a drunken kiss." I sighed and stood up. I headed for the door and the feelings of the night I left flooded back. I wanted to leave. Run away from my problems again. My hand reached for the door, but Archie's hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me from leaving. I twisted round and I was pulled into him.

"We're not together, there's just been a few moments... that's all. It's probably because you weren't here and so I didn't have anyone to rely on, I beefed you." He whispered and our foreheads fell together as our hands were intertwined between us, I sighed.

"How do I know that?" I asked and he removed our foreheads from each other, but the grasp on my hands tightened.

"Homecoming is this Friday, go with me, be my date." He said and I crossed my arms and grinned.

"Doesn't sound like your asking, andrews." I teased and his smile matched mine.

"That's because I'm not asking." He replied before locking our lips together, I carried the kiss on and my hands tangled in his hair. We pulled away after a long moment and I smiled.

"Come on, id better get the first day out the way right." I said and he nodded, his hand intertwined with mine again and I smiled down as I looked at it hands, which fit together like a puzzle piece.

—————————
"Raven, wow you look..." Kevin's dad said, shocked at my appearance and I smiled and bowed slightly.

"Stunning." Kevin interrupted as I finished my walk down the stairs. I was staying at Kevin's, due to the fact that I didn't want to go back to dads after what I had seen. I was wearing a white laced skater dress, which had no straps and It fit my curves perfectly. I paired it with simple white converses and my moms necklace. My blonde curled down past my shoulders, it was pushed to one side and I had actually worn make up for once. I smiled at the sheriff and Kevin, before I heard a horn outside

"You're looking very handsome yourself." I said and Kevin smiled and bowed slightly, before linking arms with me.

"Shall we?" He said and I smiled and rolled me eyes, before putting on my poshest British accent.

"We shall." I replied and we both laughed, whilst heading to the door.

"I'll catch up with you kids later, I'm needed at the station." Kevin's dad said, so we said goodbye and as the front door opened I saw who our chauffeur was and once he saw me both our eyes widened.

"Shit, I forgot you were still with him." I muttered under my breath and Kevin furrowed his brows.

"Something happen?" He asked and I shook my head, I didn't want to ruin their relationship, Kevin was so happy at the moment, even if he was dating a potential killer. Joaquin got out of the car, his mouth parted as he looked and me and I avoided eye contact.

"Raven... you look amazing." He said and I rolled my eyes, I was his twin not an idiot to fall for his charms.

"Thanks." I muttered and Kevin could feel the tension, he told us he'd get in the car and give us a moment.

"I haven't seen you in weeks Raven!" He yelled the moment the car door shut  and I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"The last time I saw you, you were." I stopped when I realised we were at the sheriffs house.

"I'm not a killer Raven." Joaquin said and I flashed him a sarcastic smile.

"The fact that you have to tell me that, says a lot about us doesn't it." I spat before getting into the backseat of the car, Joaquin entered a moment later and we had a silent drive to the dance which was very fun.