Chapter 28

The cell was freezing due to the cold morning air from outside, I shivered in the corner, my knees tight against my chest. I hated this, and I dreaded living like this for the rest of my life. Truth is, I am convinced that I was the one who killed him, I killed Jason and I had to pay for the crime I had committed. I need to apologise to Cheryl and her family and most of all I needed to tell the truth, I must've killed Jason. My mind was slowly going crazy, just like it did when my parents died, it was happening all over again and I wanted nothing more than for it to all end.

Archie's POV
We were all sitting in the lunch hall the next day, but there was a deathly silence between us. None of us knew what to say, we all needed comforting, yet nobody could start the conversation, until Ronnie eventually spoke up.

"I have a sick feeling, what if my dad made Raven do it?" She said and we all sneered at her, did she seriously think Raven did it!?

"Of course he didn't, because it wasn't Raven. She's not a killer." I said sternly, which caused Veronica to be quiet, and then Kevin joined us and sat down next to me.

"Even when Raven has been arrested, you still find a way to make it all about yourself." Jughead spat, Ronnie bowed her head, but I couldn't back her up, it's not like Jug was lying.

"How's Everyone?" Kevin asked us and I saw Betty sigh, she was clearly very affected by this, as we all were.

"Not good. Hey Kevin, do you reckon your dad will allow us to visit?" Betty asked and Kevin shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not sure, I can ask him?"

"Yes please!" Betty said with the first genuine smile I had seen from her. since the dance last night.

"Raven did not kill him, and we're going to prove it." Betty said being all James Bond and I let my head rest in my palm as I continued to play with my food, instead of actually eating it, I wasn't really hungry.
"She confessed." Kevin said after looking at his phone and we all looked at each other with wide eyes.

"She confessed!?" We all said in unison and Kevin nodded slowly, we were all taken a back by watch had just happened.

"No way is that true, she's probably covering for someone, a serpent maybe. What about Joaquin? She'd do anything for him." Betty said and I saw Kevin flash her a dirty look, as he folded his arms.

"Do not bring my boyfriend into this." Kevin spat and Betty apologised quietly, before we all went back to silently picking at our food.

We watched as Cheryl was crying and everyone was being really nice to her, me and Jug both rolled our eyes at the same time.

"She's putting on an act." Jughead said, he didn't care what he said, he doesn't have a filter. Cheryl saw us looking and she immediately stormed over, and her anger let rip, she was screaming at us for what had happened to her brother, until the head teacher stopped it.

Later that day...
We all arrived at the station and at first the sheriff turned us away, but after a long talk with Kevin, he finally agreed to let us see her. We were led to a normal looking door, but we knew the inside wouldn't be normal, we had already been warned. My hand lingered on the door knob, before I pushed the door open and we all piled in, before the sheriff shut the door behind us and left. I watched as Raven shivered in the corner of the cell, her knees hugged into her chest and her skin was pale and her lips had gone a very light shade, she looked awful, but why? She had only been here one night.