Chapter 13

The next day, I woke up staring at the familer ceiling of Archie's guest bedroom. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I could smell bacon downstairs, I hated bacon. Ugh. I walked into the bathroom, with clothes in my hand and I decided to shower. I turned on the hot tap and stepped inside, I lightly sang some Pink Floyd songs. I got out of the shower and changed into a pair of patched mom jeans and a mustard crop top that clung to my torso. I dried my hair and brushed it, allowing it to wave down my back slightly. I opened the bathroom door and headed downstairs. There sat Fred, Archie and Jughead. They were all dressed and eating bacon and eggs. I walked over to their breakfast bar and pulled an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"Morning Jones. Morning Andrews and good morning younger Andrews." I laughed and joined them in sitting at the table. I started to eat the shiny apple and everyone looked at me confused.

"Are you not going to eat any bacon or eggs?" Fred asked and I shook my head.

"No thanks, I don't really like them." I replied and Jughead almost choked.

"What!? You're a strange one Campbell." Jughead laughed and I joined him in laughing. I pulled my phone from my pocket and texted Kevin.

Raven Campbell: If anyone asks i'm with you. x

Kevin Keller: Not this crap again Raven. x

Raven Campbell: Just this once Kev, i'll make it up to you! See you later x

I stood up from my chair and everyone looked up.

"I'm just going to Pop's to grab a milkshake with Kevin. I'll be back later." I smiled and Archie and Jughead looked at each other, having a silent conversation.

"Ask Kevin if you don't believe me." I rolled my eyes, swung my black bucket bag on my back, slipped my feet into white converses and headed out the door. I walked to the address that my dad have given me and arrived outside a small bungalow, it was cute though and looked very fancy. I walked through the white gate and along the cobbled pathway that was surrounded by bright green grass. I knocked on the door three times before it opened revealing Joaquin. He smiled when he saw me, he greeted me and invited me inside. The house had oak floors and looked very homely inside. Pictures of me covered the walls and work tops. One from my princess birthday party when I was 8, dressed as belle. One from my horse riding lesson at age 11. One from a few days before the accident on the beach, standing amongst the waves. I felt wanted when I looked around this house, there was so much love for me. I was being lead by Jo into a kitchen. Dad was in front of the stove, cooking pancakes.

"Hey kid, on the table is an envelope for you." Dad said and gestured towards the wooden round table in the middle of the room. I smiled and ripped it open, revealing a birthday card. I was so confused, until I opened it a cheque fell out. I read the writing before the cheque.

Dear Raven,

I know I haven't been there since you were a young child, but I think about you everyday. I started a letter like this a thousand times in hope that they'd reach you, but they never did. I hope you understand now why I couldn't be there for you.

This card and the money is to make up for every birthday that I've ever missed. Which is 14 to be exact, almost 15! I'm glad i'll be here to watch you turn 18 and 19 and so on. I'm here for you now, along with Joaquin. We were so happy to see you walk into that bar, and I hope you're happy to see us to.

So. Happy birthday Raven! even though it isn't your birthday, you deserve this money and you deserve a nice house, a good college, a good husband and great kids and a good job. I hope you get all of this in your future and I hope you allow me to stay in it to watch your hard work gain you these luxuries.

I've missed you, Kid.

From,

                 Dad    x

Tears rolled down my cheek as I read the card, I felt Jo put his hand on my shoulder before I picked up the cheque. eleven thousand dollars!? Oh my god.

"Dad, this is too much! I only need a quarter of this! Take it back." I insisted but dad shook his head.

"It's yours. You can get a nice apartment, have enough money to decorate, food, bills all of that and you don't need to work. If you need more, i'm here." He smiled and I smiled back.

"Thank you dad." I ran up and hugged him.

I spent the next couple of hours with them and it turned 5 pm and I knew people would be starting to worry so I decided it was time to go. I said my goodbyes and walked to the bank, cashed in my cheque and then walked back to Archie's, so I could check apartments in the area. I walked through the door, Fred's car wasn't outside, I assumed he was at work.

"Honey, i'm home!" I called out and I was instantly met with Archie and Jughead with folded arms and glares, I was confused until a guilty looking Kevin stood behind them. He mouthed a silent. "I'm sorry, they found out." I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"What?" I said bluntly and They glared more.

"Where do you keep going Raven?" Jughead growled.

"I don't see how that's any of yours threes business. So get your noses out of it! I don't intrude on your personal lives so top intruding in mine! I should have privacy." I spat before pushing past them and storming up the stairs. I slammed the guest bedroom door shut and pulled my phone out. I got google on the screen and typed in 'Apartments for Sale Riverdale.' I scrolled through all the options and one really caught my eye. It was four thousand dollars, but it was beautiful. It was incredibly modern and covered in big windows. It was high up, the view must be incredible and there was a lot of space. I rang the previous owner to tell them i'm interested and they said I could have a tour today if I wanted to I agreed instantly and I hung up. I knew Jughead and Archie wouldn't let me leave again, so I climbed out of the window and went to the apartment.

I got a tour of the beautiful apartment and I said there and then that I would take it. We shook hands and that same night I paid her with the money Dad gave me. I knew it would be a long process of decorating, and shopping, but it was worth it.

The next day, I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Ugh. School. I turned it off and got out of the warm comfort and Archie's guest room and bed and into the cold. Nobody was awake yet, I mean it was 6 am. I showered and got dressed before doing my hair and brushing my teeth. I walked downstairs and started to look at the bookshelf. I pulled one of the books off and started to read it. I was sat in the comfy corner chair for about an hour until I heard movement upstairs. Fred came down first, he was wearing his usual flannel shirt. Archie ran down the stairs next, in his usual Letter man jacket and finally Jughead in his usual crown knit beanie. I smiled at them and they all greeted me. After we ate pancakes, me Archie and Jughead left the house and started to school. The school day went pretty quickly.

The end of the day came and I was sitting on the bleachers in the rain, because Archie wanted me to. I was soaked. My hair was drenched, along with my clothes and every inch of my body. I pulled the invitation out of my pocket for a small second. I was invited to Jason's funeral. I'm not sure I can be there, I mean I could be the reason he's dead. This thought hadn't been in my mind for a long time, but now that i'm thinking about it again it took me in a trance. I started to re live that day on July 11th. I heard a camera. I put my feet in the lake. I sat on the earth and listened to the silence. I stared into the darkness. None of it adds up, why would I just stare into darkness? Why did I hear a camera? I'm not even sure. I sighed to myself until I heard a loud sigh and running footsteps.

"Raven!? You should've gone home what the hell or at least inside!" Archie yelled, I could only just hear him as the rain was very loud.

"I didn't want to let you down, or make you think that I ditched you." I yelled above the rain and he smiled like a dork, he took my hand and lead me inside. When we got inside, he replaced my jacket with his, his wasn't wet like mine.

"Have you been invited?" I asked, holding up the funeral invitation and Archie nodded.

"Along with Betty, Jughead and Kevin." He said and I frowned. Nothing this bad was supposed to happen here, and yet, it did. And i'm starting to think i'm loosing my mind with the town....Again. I mean I would remember if I murdered someone, right?