Chapter 3

Spinning. Screaming. Crying. The thought of death tickling my brain.

CRASH.

I woke up with a jolt. I got these nightmares very often. Nightmares from the night of the crash. My parents. The mental institute. I looked at my phone. 5 am. I might as well get ready for school. I turned the tap on, it squeaked as I turned it. I took off my clothes and stepped in the shower. The water hit me, making me feel warm despite the cold morning air. Like always, I sang at the top of my lungs. I was alone, so why not? Nobody knows that I can sing, it's my secret. After about half an hour I got out and put my robe on. I dried my hair and the soft blonde wavy hair fell down my back. I used to be so obsessed with keeping my image, making sure every hair was just right, wearing all the expensive makeup and designer clothes, but I don't care anymore. I wore a grey t shirt dress and tied a red flannel around my waist. I walked to the front door, swung my black bucket bag over my shoulder and slipped my feet into burgundy doc martins. I started to walk to school, very slowly. I was so nervous. I mean, nobody knew where I really was this past year but it still haunts me. When I used to attend Riverdale high, I was top of my class in every subject. I was smart. I had all A's and my favorite subject was English, the only time I could express my writing to other people or read without looking weird. I actually used to care about that. I was the bitchy bad girl, the rebel that everyone wanted to be, rude to teachers, got all the guys, wore skimpy clothes. That was me. Yeah, no. I couldn't even get more than one word out to people I didn't know after the accident. The charismatic, funny, witty popular girl was gone. I remembered I had to call Kevin. I opened my phone and scroll to his contact before hearing his voice before pressing call.

"I was wondering when you were going to call me, loser." He said bumping my slightly.

"Sorry! Lost in my own thoughts."

"It's okay." He smiled. "How're you?"

"Nervous. Everyone has this expectation that they want me to live up to, but I don't think that's even possible anymore." I replied sighing and Kevin stopped me and stood in front of me.

"Now listen here Missy! You are THE Raven Campbell, now stop worrying about what people think. You used to not care what people thought about your attitude, so if bringing the trouble back is how I get my old friend back so be it. I hate seeding you like this Rave. I know what to do, we have to find you a distraction!"

"Oh no, you mean guys don't you?.."

"Yes I do." Kevin grinned before walking on wards. We reached the steps that lead up to the school's entrance. I took a deep breath.

"You've got this Raven. You look hot. Get in there, strut you stuff and be the Raven Campbell we all know." He spoke his words of wisdom and it actually gave me a boost of confidence. I linked arms with him and started walking with my head held high, not matter how down I felt. As soon as I stepped through the doors, all eyes turned on me and I suddenly felt a lot less confident. I can't tell if they were looks of judgment, disgust or happiness. I kept walking and I felt like the girls in Mean girls, walking down the corridor. Finally, people went about their day again and Kevin stopped as he saw a pink poster hung up on the wall.

"Back to school formal." Kevin read aloud grinning.

"No." I stopped him. "I'm not going Kev."

"Yes you are. We need to get dolled up and have a good night."

"Or..We could go to Pop's and eat ice cream?" I gave him my puppy eyes, but he didn't give in.

"We're going, whether you like it or not. It's on Saturday." He said and I frowned.

"It might be cancelled, we don't know yet." I said firmly as he lead me To the gym, a whole school assembly was in order for Jason. We were all sat on the benches facing Cheryl Blossom, she was talking about her brothers death.