chapter twenty five

The trio had been walking for a while now. They had no idea where they were going, but knew that their friend was out here somewhere.

"Wait, Tanner. I found something." Annie pointed to a path branching off the path the group had been walking on.

"Footprints." Tanner mumbled, walking over to the prints in the dirt.

"Could they be Grayson's?" Annie asked.

"Only one way to find out." Tanner replied, and led the group down the path. The prints took a few turns, but the trio managed to stay on the right path. They came to an entrance of a stone cave, where the prints stopped.

"This has to be it." Annie mumbled. She slowly walked inside, seeing a long tunnel lit up by a few torches.

"Tanner, I'm scared." Hunter whimpered behind his brother.

"It's okay, Hunt. I've got you." Annie looked behind her to see the young boy grab onto his brother's hand, and caustiously walk behind him. Annie reached an opening, and saw Grayson standing on a ledge.

"Grayson!" Annie shouted, and ran towards him. She was hit back by an invisible wall, and fell onto the stone ground. Annie let out a groan as she sat up.

Grayson turned around. His eyes nearly popped out of his head as he saw his three friends looking back at him, Annie still on the ground.

"What're you guys doing here? How'd you even find me?" Grayson yelled.

"I read the letter. Grayson, please don't leave." Annie replied. She finally got back on her feet.

"But...I have to. I need my life back."

"This is your life. You've been here longer than any of us, and Peter's, well..." Annie glanced over at Tanner. "He's your brother, and you can't abandon family!" Annie finished, and flinched when she heard Tanner gasp.

"Just like he abandoned me? How we all abandoned our families?" Grayson asked.

"He didn't abandon you! He loves you, Grayson. He wanted to bring you here so badly. You can't blame him that you two got separated."

"Apparently I have a lot to catch  up on." Tanner mumbled.

"You really do." Annie said, turning to the boy.

"You don't understand, Annie. I can't be here knowing he's lied to me all these years. I don't even know who Ethan Dolan is anymore, but I know that Peter Pan is not my brother." Grayson replied. He took a step back on the ledge.

"Then give him a chance! Let him make it up to you, please!" Annie looked at Grayson, a sad expression on her face. She didn't know what Grayson was about to do, but she prayed that he didn't.

"Grayson, how'd you get over there?" Tanner asked.

"I told my deepest secret, why?" Grayson replied.

"I'm coming to get you." Tanner let go of his brother's hand, and walked to stand beside Annie.

"Tanner, what are you doing?" Annie asked.

"Saving him, now back up." Tanner demanded. Annie listened to him, and took a few steps back. Hunter ran over to her, hiding behind her.

"Apparently Pan knows everything, so I don't really know what to say. I guess my deepest secret is...I'm gay, I think." Tanner said. Annie watched as Grayson's mouth fell open, and she couldn't help but smile.

"You're what? What does gay mean?" Hunter asked.

"It means he likes boys, Hunter." Annie replied without looking down at the young Lost boy.

"Well, obviously that's not true. I mean, he likes you. You're his friend." Hunter replied.

Annie chuckled. "A different kinda like, Hunter." She said.

Tanner took a step forward, and was able to walk through the protection spell. He reached his hand out, and Grayson grabbed it. They went to walk back to Annie and Hunter, but were stopped.

"It's...not working. Annie, you have to tell a secret." Tanner said, looking at the girl. Annie sighed deeply before taking a step away from Hunter.

"I...I miss my mom. Even though she was a drunk, and never really loved me, I miss her." Annie said hesitantly. Tanner and Grayson walked through the barrier, and immediately pulled annie in for a hug. Tanner let go, and went to hug his brother.

"Thanks for helping me, Annie." Grayson mumbled.

"What are friends for?" She asked. Grayson pulled away and smiled. The four friends then left echo caves, and made their way back to camp.

On their way, the ground below them started to shake. They all stopped walking, and tried to gain their balance.

"What's going on?" Tanner yelled over the noise.

"I don't know." Grayson replied.

"Let's get back to camp!" Annie yelled, and took off running. Tanner picked up Hunter, while him and Hrayson started running after Annie. The rumbling stopped, but they kept running. The group made it back to camp, where the two Lost boys were standing in a line, with a young boy in front of them.

"Another Lost boy?" Annie asked. Tanner set Hunter down as the three boys ran over to join the line. Annie walked over, and stood beside Peter.

"Who's that?" Annie mumbled.

The boy with dark hair and a two toned scarf around his neck looked up nervously as the five boys in front of him.

"That's Henry." Peter mumbled in response.

____________

Woo I decided to throw Henry from OUAT in this story because the Peter Pan in that show inspired my Pan in this book, and it's one of my favourite shows!!