chapter fifteen

Annie stared at the boy before her. "Ethan?" Annie repeated. Peter nodded.

     "But please, never call me it." He said. Annie nodded.

     "Why did you change it to Peter Pan?" Annie asked.

     "I told you, so that Grays-" Peter started to say, but got cut off.

     "I know that, but how did you come up with it?"

     "Before Grayson and I were taken away, our mom would read us the story pretty much every night, and I guess Grayson forgot about that." Peter replied.

     "Oh," was all Annie said. Annie and Peter both heard someone clear their throat, and they both turned around. Grayson was standing in the entrance of his tent.

     "When were you gonna tell me?" He asked, his voice slightly breaking.

     "Grayson...how long were you standing there?" Peter asked.

     "Long enough, Ethan." He replied. "Why didn't you just tell me? Do you know how much pain I'm in every single day, wondering what happened to my brother? But he's been standing in front of me for years."

     "I'm sorry, Grayson. I didn't know how to tell you." Peter mumbled.

     "It wasn't too hard for you to tell Annie."

     "That's different, she's not you! She's not my brother!"

     Grayson scoffed. "You're no brother of mine." He said before going into his tent.

     Annie and Peter sat in silence for a while. Peter had his head in his hands, and Annie just sat still, cautiously watching him. She expected him to set a tree on fire or something, but no anger came. No emotions at all came. Peter lifted his head up, and sighed.

     "You should head to bed. We have training tomorrow." He said. Annie nodded, and stood up. She was tempting to put her hand on Peter's shoulder and tell him everything would be okay, but she didn't. She simply said goodnight, and walked to her tent. Inside, Wendy was asleep in her bed. annie quietly took her shoes off, and got into her bed.

____________

This is another rly short chapter but woo the big secret's out lmao. Would you rather I refer Ethan as 'Peter' or just 'Ethan' ??? I was thinking Peter that way it doesn't get confusing, plus the other Lost boys dont know about it sooooo

 Would you rather I refer Ethan as 'Peter' or just 'Ethan' ??? I was thinking Peter that way it doesn't get confusing, plus the other Lost boys dont know about it sooooo