chapter thirty five

Annie landed on the wooden floor with a thud. She slowly opened her eyes, and looked around the room. Annie grinned when she saw she was back in her bedroom, and back in her blue pyjamas. Her fingers stretched out to grab the fluffy area rug she had on her floor, before scrambling to her feet.

Nothing was out of place, except her sheets were a mess, and the Peter Pan book still laid open on top of her bed. Annie shut the book, and put it back on her bookshelf. Annie watched as the book slowly dissolved, and disappeared from her shelf.

Thundering footsteps started coming up the stairs, and Annie's bedroom door swung open. In the doorway, was her mother. Her hair was brushed, and she was wearing a skirt suit.

"Mom?" Annie asked, her eyes wide.

"Oh, Annie. What happened to you?" Annie's mother ran over to her, pulling her daughter in for a hug.

"What happened to you, Mom?" Annie asked. Her mom no longer smelt of alcohol, but instead of expensive perfume.

"Well, after you went missing, I cleaned up my act. I knew I contributed to you leaving, and I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry, Annie. I know you may not forgive me, but I want to try very hard for you." Annie's mom explained.

"It's okay, Mom. I'm okay, and I forgive you."

Annie's mom pulled away. "I'm so glad you're alright. There's some food downstairs if you're hungry." She said before leaving Annie's room.

Annie decided to go take a hot shower, and changed into some clean clothes. She threw her pyjamas into her laundry basket as she went back into her room.

As Annie was getting dressed, she noticed a folded piece of paper sitting on her dresser. Annie grabbed the paper, and unfolded it. On it, was a hand written letter from Peter Pan.

Dearest Annie,

If you're reading this, I'm assuming you made it home safely.

Thank you for all your help on Neverland. You helped me, and the Lost boys. I know Henry was starting to like you, more than he liked any of us.

You helped me realize what it's like to be a good person, but Neverland has rules. The magic was slowly draining, and that's why I was so rude to you and Grayson. I wanted you to be rude back, so that I wouldn't be 'soft' as Felix put it.

I hope you had fun while on Neverland. You know what to do if you ever wanna come back.

Sincerely yours,
Peter Pan.

Annie folded up the letter, and smiled. She set the letter back down on her dresser, and ran downstairs. As Annie walked into her kitchen, she realized something.

Annie Wood finally believed in magic.

____________

That's the end of part one!! Part two will be coming soon!!