chapter twenty seven

Annie ran through the woods of Neverland with Tanner and Grayson shortly behind her. Henry and Hunter had decided to go their own way, but the trio decided to stick together. As they were running down the path, someone grabbed Annie, and pulled her off the path.

"Annie?" Grayson yelled out. The girl had disappeared, and was nowhere to be seen. A moment later, Grayson was also pulled off the path.

"Guys!" A nervous Tanner yelled out. He hated being alone in the woods, but now he stood on the empty path, all by himself. Annie and Grayson stood beside each other, and looked around to see who had grabbed them. Sitting on a tree stump was Felix, picking at his nails.

"Felix! Why'd you grab us?" Annie demanded. Felix looked up at her, and smiled. Annie winced as the long scar running down his face scrunched up with his cheek.

"I have to talk to you two. Why do you think I agreed to play hide and seek?" Felix replied as he stood up.

"Talk about what?" Annie asked.

"Pan. You two are somehow making him soft, but that can't happen. The magic will fade from Neverland, and well, this island is my home. I have no where else." Felix explained.

"Everyone has somewhere else." Grayson pointed out.

Felix shook his head. "My dad died before I was born, and my mom died a couple years later from cancer, at least that's what I've been told." He said.

"So you're an orphan?" Grayson asked.

"Normally all Lost boys are orphans, since Peter was one. And by the way, I know all about you and him being brothers." Felix replied. Grayson narrowed his eyes at him.

"He told you?" Felix nodded.

"I'm the only one that knows." Felix said.

"No, I know too. So do Hunter and Tanner." Annie butted in. Felix shook his head.

"That's another reason why the magic's fading. Pan isn't lost anymore. He has you two."

"How does he have me?" Annie asked. She glanced over at Grayson, who was staring at the ground.

"We had a sister." Grayson mumbled.

"Peter said you remind him of his sister. All three of the Dolan kids were very close, until-" Felix said, but Annie cut him off.

"They got taken away from their home. I know the story." Annie replied. Grayson hadn't said anything.

"Why did we all go to different foster homes?" He finally asked.

"Children's aid thought it'd benefit your health greater if you forgot all about your past, and grew up without each other."

"Well they were wrong! I grew up without my brother, now look where I am! Where we all are! We're lost little boys who thought no one loved us." Grayson yelled.

"Grayson, it's okay." Annie mumbled, trying to calm him down.

"No, it's not! I don't wanna stay here anymore. I'm only physically lost now, because Felix pulled us off the path. I'm not mentally lost anymore now that I know all about my brother, who did everything just to make us be together again. But I don't want to be together like this. I want a house, and a mom. You know, I've always wanted a dog, too? I want off this island." Grayson ranted before running away. He found Tanner on the path, but walked past him. Annie heard Tanner yell as he ran after Grayson.

"Try not to get seeked, Felix." Annie said.

"Yeah, and try to be a bit harsher towards Pan, or we'll all be screwed." Felix warned. Annie took what he said into account before running after her friends.

 Annie took what he said into account before running after her friends