chapter two

Sunlight scattered across the earth as Annie slowly opened her eyes, and took in the view above her. All she could see was green, with the bright sun tucked behind a tall tree.

     Annie sat up, her vision going black with a headrush. Once Annie's eyes and body adjusted to the sudden movement, she began taking in her surroundings. Underrneath her was what appeared to be a blanket of flowers, varying in different colours and species. Annie's fingernails had specks of dirt under them, along with dirt covering her pyjamas.

     "Good morning." An all too familiar voice filled Annie's ears. She quickly looked around in search of the voice's owner, only to realize she was just imagining things. However, as Annie turned to look forwards again, she came face to face with none other than Peter Pan.

     "I'm dreaming, aren't I?" Annie managed to say. She didn't trust her voice, and flinched slightly as Peter let out a loud laugh, tilting his head back and everything.

     "I assure you, Love, you are not dreaming." Peter told the girl. He briskly jumped to his feet before holding out a hand. Annie noticed his appearance was pretty much the same. His hair was still the same dark brown, with hazel coloured eyes that contained specks of green. His outfit consisted of green pieces of fabric varying in shades. Black boots were laced up on his feet, while green fabric cuffs encircled his wrists.

     Annie took the boy's hand, and got to her feet. The flowers didn't provide a hard surface for Annie to stand up on so she moved aside to prevent falling over. They were like standing on mini pillows—soft and plush.

     "How old are you now, Annie?" peter asked. It seemed like only yesterday he saw his first lost girl, but she looked much different now. She was more grown up. Her brunette hair cascaded down her back, while her face had grown more narrow and defined. The only thing that stayed the same were her bright green eyes.

     "Sixteen." She replied. It was truly fascinating to see what the power of neverland could do. Two years had gone by, but Peter hadn't aged a day.

     The boy smirked at Annie's answer. "That's only two years younger than me."

Annie laughed shortly out her nose, before smiling. "You stopped aging years ago." She pointed out, remembering that the habitants of Neverland stop aging once they turn eighteen. Annie wasn't even sure how old Peter actually was, because he's been eighteen for so long.

"That's true, Annie." Peter replied, one dark eyebrow lifting in amusement.

Annie awkwardly kicked at the dirt under her bare feet, looking away from Peter's prying green eyes.

"Aren't you going to ask what I'm doing back here?" She asked. It's been two years since Peter and Annie last saw each other, and the girl wasn't getting the greeting she expected. Peter was being too casual, like the time hadn't passed.

"I already know why you're here, Love. You should know that." Peter told her. He then held out his hand, and changed the subject. "Come now, let's take you to camp."