Chapter 3

At the end of the school day Giselle saw Amy at her locker and stopped by to talk to her. Amy was pulling her cheerleading bag off of the top shelf of the locker as Giselle walked up. Hey, Gigi what ya doin? Amy asked. Just getting ready to walk home Giselle said and wanted to talk to you about Corey. Right, Giselle that's crazy that you got him as a partner. I'll bet you almost died, what is he like? She asked as she put her textbooks in her school bag and zipped it. Well, he is really sweet actually Giselle responded and he says he wants to get together outside of school and work on some of those algebra problems, he says he needs all of the help that he can get and that he isn't very good with math period. Amy looked at Giselle and said well there you go Gigi total love connection you can teach him algebra. Yea, well I don't really think that he is interested in me like that, however I would be happy to spend any kind of time with him Giselle said rolling her eyes at Amy. Amy shut her locker and grabbed her bag's that's true you enjoy that and I want to know all of the details! Well, Gigi I'll talk to you later I'm going to be late to practice. Be safe walking home and call me tonight! She yelled as she rushed off to the gym leaving Giselle alone in the now abandoned hallway. Giselle walked out of the school and immediately felt the brisk air hit her face she fished out the sweater that she had put in her bag that morning and put it on as she began her mile walk home.

She had her Walkman on full blast listening to Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now when she heard a car honking behind her. She took her headset off and put it around her neck and looked up to see a Red Mustang convertible pull up next to the curb. The guy behind the wheel rolled down the window and removed his sunglasses and Giselle then recognized that it was Corey. Hey Giselle, do you need a ride? He yelled out the open passenger window. Quickly without thinking she replied no that's ok I just live around the corner. Oh come on Corey replied not taking no for an answer its' pretty chilly outside and you are wearing a dress. Giselle smiled and opened the car door she slid into the car with Corey. It's a romper not a dress she informed him. What the heck is the difference? He asked putting the car into drive. Ummm there is a huge difference because a romper is shorts Giselle retorted. Oh, well ok Corey said with that half smile of his well whatever it is it looks really nice on you. Giselle felt her- self blush due to his compliment. Thank you, She said shyly. So where do you live? Corey asked. Just around the block in the only brick house on that street Giselle replied. Your wish is my command said Corey and he put the car in drive and proceeded to follow the directions that Giselle had given him to her house. Once they arrived at Giselle's house Corey pulled his car into her driveway and shut it off. Nice pile of bricks. He said. Thanks she replied. I'm actually staying right up the street where that cul de sac is he said pointing in the direction of the house he was staying in, so we are practically neighbors he said to Giselle. Really? She said turning in the direction that he was pointing. Yep that is pretty close she added what is the name of the family that you are staying with? John and Stephanie Greene he informed her. Giselle thought about it for a moment and said that she didn't know them. Well Corey, she said thanks so much for the ride I'll see you tomorrow in school. I look forward to it Corey said as she got out of the car. Giselle walked into her house feeling like she was on cloud nine. Corey is amazing she thought to herself.