Chapter 27

Giselle completely slept through her alarm the next morning, she was going to have to call in late to school because she realized that it was already eight twenty. She quickly washed her face and teeth and then picked out a jean skirt an off the shoulder gray top and some black flip flops. She put her hair in a side braid and put on minimal makeup then ran downstairs. She could see that Gia was already down there waiting by her bowl for Giselle to feed her .You are such a beggar Giselle told her as she bent to pour some food into Gia's bowl.  Giselle then went to the fridge and pulled out a bagel and some cream cheese and the last bottle of apple juice.  She put the cream cheese on the bagel put it in a sandwich bag and tossed everything in her school bag and headed out the door.

    As she began her walk to school she realized it was a bit chilly out that morning and she had forgotten to bring her jacket in her rush to get to school. She thought about the night before and how she and Corey had lain out by the pool looking at the stars for hours. She'd had so much fun with him and was so ready to see him this morning.  When Giselle arrived at school the hallways were so quiet because everyone was already in class. She stopped by the office to let them know that she was in fact there but was just late. She knew her homeroom teacher for sure had already counted her absent.  Mrs. Delgado the attendance lady wrote Giselle a hall pass and also a note explaining to her homeroom teacher the reason for her running late. Thanks Giselle said as she left the office and headed to her locker. She opened her locker and a note fell out on the ground as she looked in on the top shelf was a vase with several red roses and a huge pink and purple balloon that had X's and O's all over it. Giselle smiled and opened the note. It read: Hi love, I hope this helps put a smile on your face and makes your day. LOVE ALWAYS Corey...  Awww! Giselle exclaimed to herself and pulled the vase off of the shelf to sniff the flowers. Corey is so sweet! She thought as she pulled her books and notebooks out of the locker and put them in her bag. She slammed her locker shut and headed to homeroom she knew that she had a few minutes left in that class. When she arrived to homeroom she went up to the front of the room to hand Mr. Wells the note from the attendance lady. Where have you been Miss?  He asked Giselle jokingly you have been MIA for a while he added. I know I know Giselle said slightly embarrassed because everyone in the classroom was staring at her as she made her way to her seat. She pulled out her notebook and pen she knew that she should be studying but wanted to write Corey a note first thanking him for the flowers. The bell rang as she was finishing up her note and everyone got up to leave. She put everything in her bag and headed to her next class College Prep.  She felt someone pull on her school bag strap and almost made her fall backwards. Giselle whirled around about ready to give the person who almost made her fall a piece of her mind but when she turned around she saw that it was Steve and Amy. Hey "lost girl'! Amy joked as she reached out to hug Giselle how have you been? Amy asked. Oh my Amy do I have a story for you, you are gonna flip! Giselle exclaimed. Here's a little preview. She added. Corey and I are now a couple! OH MY GOSH! Amy screamed and hugged Giselle again. You and who are a thing? Steve interrupted as the warning bell rang. I'll have to tell you later she said we are going to be late to class.

    Giselle power walked to college prep she did not want to be late because she knew that Mr. Marstall would give her a hard time. When she arrived to class she saw that there were already several people in class. She walked in and rushed to her seat and sat down just as the last bell rang. Mr. Marstall was already at the board writing out the lesson. Giselle noticed Corey still hadn't arrived again he was going to be in so much trouble Mr. Marstall was going to embarrass him. As the bell rang signaling the end of class Giselle got up to leave looking over at Corey's empty desk wondering where he was. Maybe he had slept in since they had been up so late the night before.  Giselle headed to Algebra 2 and thought to herself maybe Corey will just show up late. She arrived to class and took her seat Amy rushed in not too long after her.  Hey you! Amy said. Hey Giselle answered. Where is your love boat? Amy asked, I don't know honestly I'm a little worried he wasn't in College Prep either but I know he must have been here today because when I got here I arrived a little late and when I got to my locker he had left me a balloon and some flowers. So either he had someone do it or he was here and left. Hmm that is pretty strange Amy said wonder where he could be?