Chapter 7

The bell rang signaling the end of college prep. Giselle packed up her stuff and waited until the rest of the class had left the room before getting up to leave she absolutely hated to step over everyone to get out since she sat in the very back.  She walked out into the crowded hallway and started walking to her next class Algebra 2 which Corey and Amy were both in.  She was really not in the mood to see either of them after what had happened in College Prep she just wanted to be alone. As she made her way down the hallway she heard a familiar voice, it was Corey and there he was with his back to her at Nicole's locker they were both really flirty with each other and acting as if they were the only ones in the whole world. Giselle's heart broke even more and she remembered that Corey was her assignment partner in her next class.  At that moment she made the decision to just cut class and school for the rest of the day.  She turned around quickly and ducked in the closest hallway so that Corey wouldn't see her. She waited for the bell to ring signaling the beginning of third period then she stepped out of her hiding place and started walking to her locker when she got there she unloaded her books grabbed her jacket and walked out of school.  The sun hit her face and since it was almost noon it was already starting to get a bit hot out. She took out her Walkman and popped in her Whitney Houston cassette and began her walk home. As she walked along she just kept thinking about Corey and why it bothered her so much that he was talking to Nicole. It wasn't like she and Corey were a couple but she could not help the jealousy she was feeling. She quickly decided that she wanted no more to do with Corey Haim if she kept her distance she wouldn't get hurt.  Tomorrow bright and early she would go to Mrs. Lawrence and have her give her another partner for the Algebra assignment.  She definitely was starting to feel better as" I Wanna Dance with Somebody" began blaring in her ear.