Chapter 35

Gigi! Giselle heard Amy's voice and felt her shaking her. Huh Giselle answered groggily, we are in LA Amy said what exit do I take? Giselle sat up in her seat looked in the vanity mirror and put on her sunglasses she looked back at Steve who was sprawled out in the back seat fast asleep.  You want to get off on the West Hollywood exit Giselle said it should be coming up in a couple of minutes she added. We need to go to Artisan first Giselle said reminding Amy and it's right off of Sunset Blvd. Giselle took a piece of mail that was in Amy's glove compartment and hit Steve over the head with it. Wake up you're drooling Giselle yelled at Steve. Eww! Amy exclaimed. Trying to keep her eyes on the road. You know you love it Steve said to Amy as he sat up in the back seat.  So what's going on are we there yet baby? He asked Amy. Does it look like we are there yet?  She asked Steve jokingly.  Actually yes it does he said sarcastically looking out at the freeway. Giselle could feel that it had gotten quite a bit chillier since they were now closer to the coast.  Hey can we close the top? She asked Amy. Sure she said as she pushed the button that raised the top and the windows to the car. Amy reached the West Hollywood exit and slowed down.  Ok so when we get to the stop sign you want to turn left Giselle said and then you should see a sign that will point you in the direction of Hollywood Blvd that's the way we want to go she added. I can't believe the amount of traffic for a Saturday morning out here Amy said. I told you Giselle said wait until this afternoon it gets way worse.

There it is Giselle said as she saw the Artisan sign from the road just turn into the lot and behind the building is a free parking lot she instructed Amy. Amy parked the car and they all got out and headed up the million steps to the front. Sheesh couldn't they have put in an escalator?! Steve complained. Seriously chimed in Amy the good news is, is that we will all have really nice butts after today she added. When they finally reached the top they took the elevator up to Marc's office when they got there they stopped by the secretary's office and asked for him.  Let me check the woman behind the counter said. Giselle noticed that it was a completely different lady from the last time. She left the room and Giselle could see that she was walking towards Marc's office. The woman came back and told them that Marc was on a conference call and if they would like to sit and wait, that she did not know how long it would be. Giselle looked at Steve and Amy and asked them if it was alright with them if they wait. They both nodded and they all three sat down in the chairs in the front of the big glass window.  Giselle looked around the room at all of the old movie posters hanging on the wall The Seven Year Itch, Excalibur, Some Like It Hot the whole office and hallway was covered in posters.

A loud buzz brought Giselle out of her thoughts the secretary picked up the line. Giselle could only hear her side of the conversation.  Yes sir I will send them in she said and hung up. She looked up at them and said Mr. Rocco will see you now.  Thank you Giselle said as they all stood up and headed towards Mark's office he was waiting for them outside of the double doors that lead to his office. Why hello again Giselle he said reaching his hand out to her .Hi there she said shaking his hand surprised that he had remembered her then she turned to her friends and said these are my friends Amy and Steve. Why hello there Marc said shaking their hands as well please come in he said to them telling them to sit down. I only have two big chairs but I have a smaller bench over by the window. That's ok said Steve my girl can sit on my lap he said grabbing Amy by her waist and pulling her down on his lap. So how can I be of assistance today Giselle? Marc asked.  A couple things one I wanted to ask where License to Drive is being filmed because I really need to see Corey he hasn't called me in a couple of days and it's urgent I see him. Giselle didn't know if she should tell my Marc about her situation but feared if she didn't Marc would not tell her where to find Corey.  You see I'm three weeks pregnant with our baby and I need to tell him.  The room fell completely silent for a moment. Congratulations darlin! Marc said breaking the silence he walked over to Giselle and embraced her in a hug. Let's see he said walking back to his chair I don't believe I know where License to Drive is being filmed at but I do know where Corey lives with his mother.  You can probably find him that way he said as he picked up the phone and rang his Secretary. Gloria can you please pull the Haim family address so that I can give it to Corey's girlfriend. Thank you he said please just ring me when you have it. Ok one down and one to go Marc said what else can I do for you today? Well Giselle said I'm sure that by the time Dream a Little Dream begins filming I'm going to be as big as a house and I'm sure you won't want me hanging around a high school, school yard as an extra in your film.  My friend Amy here was wondering if she could take my place? Marc looked over at Amy and said you know what Giselle I could actually use both of your friends in the school yard sitting just as they are now. What?! Steve exclaimed. Of course if that is ok with both of them Marc said looking at them. We would love to! Amy squealed. Please make your way back to Gloria my secretary and she will make sure you fill out the necessary paperwork. Thank you so much Mr. Rocco Steve said. Please call me Marc he said shaking both of their hands and said good bye.

I will be right out Giselle said to them as they left the office. Marc's phone buzzed again and he picked up saying hello Gloria then there was long silence as he wrote something down and then said I sent you a couple of new extras they need to fill out paperwork and then hung up. So Giselle here I have written down Corey's address and yes you are right I can't have a pregnant girl in the school yard. But you are very beautiful with a unique look and I would very much love to use you in the future as an extra and who knows maybe as a lead or supporting actress one day.  So I will be in touch with you if that's alright he said standing up. Yes that's fine Giselle said standing as well. Did you need anything more from me today? He asked. No thank you so much Marc she said as she shook his hand good bye. Good luck with Corey and the baby Marc said as she walked towards the door. She stopped and turned around to look at Marc she could swear she heard a strange tone in his voice but couldn't be sure. She decided it was probably her imagination and said thank you and turned back around and walked out.