Chapter 54

The sun was shining brightly into the window and it woke Giselle up the next morning the clock on the night stand said that it was already almost 10 Am. She still felt tired and really did not want to get out of bed but she had to, she noticed that ever since she became pregnant she always had to pee. She looked in the bathroom mirror and could see that her eyes were all swollen and puffy from crying all night. She walked down stairs and took Gia out to the back yard.  Judy was lying out by the pool wearing a white one piece bathing suit and a huge pair of sunglasses. Good morning sweetheart she greeted Giselle when she saw her. Morning Giselle said back. Is my son still asleep? She asked looking up at the second floor windows. Honestly I am not sure Giselle said to Judy looking at the ground trying to avoid eye contact. We kind of got in a fight this morning. Why what happened? Judy asked removing her sunglasses her eyes looking genuinely concerned. Giselle told Judy everything from falling asleep until 5 Am in the theatre room to the mirror with the powder to her leaving in a huff and sleeping in a spare room.  I am so sorry honey. Judy said standing up from her lounge chair and hugging Giselle. Did you know that he has problems with drugs? Giselle asked. Judy looked around it almost looked like she was trying to avoid her question. Umm I do know that there are somethings that he used but from my understanding he only used those things when partying and only every now and then she said wrapping herself in her towel. I think it's more than that Giselle said I'm really worried about him and I think you should be too she added he just didn't look well at all last night.

Core! Judy yelled knocking on the bedroom door she knocked two times and there was no response it didn't sound like anyone was even moving around in the room. Finally Judy turned the doorknob and she walked in Giselle followed. He wasn't even there the bed had not been turned down and everything looked just like it had looked the night before. Corey's blazer was hanging on the back of the love seat and the bathroom light was still on. Giselle walked over to the bathroom to turn off the light and she saw that everything was untouched there as well the shards of the mirror were still scattered everywhere. I wonder where he is?  Judy asked.  I'm going to check his garage and see if his car is there.  Giselle ran down stairs and out the front door way ahead of Judy there were several garages and all of the doors were open, Giselle only saw Judy's car Corey's car was nowhere in sight. It's not here she yelled at Judy as she ran up to her. I don't understand where on earth he could be knowing that you are here you think he would return at a decent hour. Did he leave and not come home a lot before I was living here? She asked. Well yes but that was different he was single and not expecting a child Judy answered sounding a little bit annoyed. Do you happen to have Feldman's phone number? Giselle asked Judy. Yes, I believe it's on the corkboard in the office downstairs by the theatre room. Giselle took off going back inside to call him to see if he knew where she could find Corey.  

Just as Judy had said Feldman's phone number was tacked up right in the middle of the huge cork board in the office she picked up the phone and dialed. Hello? Giselle heard a female voice on the end of the line after two rings. Is Feldman there? She asked. Yes he is. May I ask who is calling? This is Giselle she answered. Oh yea she said just a minute and I'll get him. She heard the girl set the phone down and tried really hard to listen to what was going on in the background while she waited for him to pick up but she could hear nothing but silence. After a few moments she heard footsteps and then Hello? Hey it's Giselle have you seen Corey at all? Hey doll face!  Umm, no I haven't seen him since last night. Well where did you go what time did he leave Alphy's?  Well we all left together and I'd say we left at around 2 or 2:30 why? He's not here and he didn't stay here last night he was here for a short while and just left. Who's we, who else were you guys with? She asked.  It was him, Drew Lala, Alfonso, Sean and I that left together.  We went to an after party at a house in the valley but we have no idea who it belonged to, then we all dispersed. Who did Corey leave with? She asked. I'm pretty sure I saw him leave by himself he answered.  Ok she said thanks for clearing a few things up for me. I'll keep an eye out for him in Westwood that's our stomping ground I'll give you a call if I see him Feldman said. Perfect, thanks she said and hung up. So what's the verdict? Judy asked making Giselle jump a mile she was deep in thought and had not realized that Judy had been listening to her call with Feldman the whole time. He said that he was going to keep his eyes open for him in Westwood but that he hasn't seen him since this morning at some party in the Valley. But we know that he came home so who knows where he could be right now. More than likely passed out somewhere Judy said. Let's wait it out kid, I know Corey and he will be coming around she said turning off the office light and walking out. Giselle followed Judy back upstairs and thought to herself how Judy could take this so lightly. Corey must do this often for her to act so nonchalant.