Chapter 2: Jackson

"Mrs. Reynolds! Pay attention." Mr. Heath snaps and I jump. "Sorry..." I mumble under my breath. Some girls snicker next to me and I'd just like to disappear. The bell rings and I head out into the hallway feeling someone's arm wrap around my neck. "Hey hey!" Zane says and I huff. "Tea?" I fake a smile. "I'm fine Zane." I shrug his arm off of me stepping off to my locker. I change my books out and I know he's next to me I just choose not to acknowledge me.

"Teagan..." I glare at him. "I said I was fine." Someone walks by and knocks my books out my hand. "Hey asshole you got a problem?" He laughs. "No. No problem." He sighs. "Then I suggest you come pick her books up before I create one." The boy does before turning his nose up and leaving. I frown. "You didn't have to do that..." He shakes his head. "Screw them. I'm not worried one bit. Come on. Let's get to class." I nod walking next to him. He walks me to English. "I need to get my books. I'll be back." I nod heading into the class. I was thankful I had English with him. No one tried to step on me when he was around.

I'm not quite sure why but I never questioned it. I take my seat when I hear someone clear their throat. "I saw that commotion in the hallway. Is that guy like your boyfriend or something?" I look over at the boy who was probably about nineteen. I stare in awe at just how perfect he looks his hair was done just right and he wore a dark blue button-down shirt that was buttoned completely up with a black jacket over the top. His jaw line could cut you and his face resembled that of a model.

 His jaw line could cut you and his face resembled that of a model

"Oh...ugh...him...ew no. That's my brother Zane." He smiles. "He's very protective then?" I nod. "People aren't very nice to me and he just tries to help." He frowns. "What's you're name?" I watch the door waiting for Zane to come back. "Teagan." He extends his hand. "Hi Teagan. I'm Jackson." His voice was deep and I just stared at his hand in awe. "Um..." He smiles. "I'm nice I promise." I shake his head with a small smile.

"Well Mr. Nice guy. Mind telling me who you are." I cover my face seeing Zane sit in front of me. "My names Jackson. I moved from Los Angeles about a week ago. Me and my family." Zane nods. "So you don't know many people here huh?" He sighs. "A few people that used to be in Los Angeles as well now go here so I have a few friends." Zane looks at me and I look back at him. The bell rings and he stands. "Piece of advice. Don't hurt her. Because if you do I'll break you." He turns heading to sit with his friends.

"Sorry about him..." He shakes his head. "No it's fine. You did mention that people weren't very nice. He has every right to be protective." I smile. "I'm glad you understand." I hear giggles looking up to see Miranda. She had lark dark black hair and was very pretty but she was the worst of them all.

 She had lark dark black hair and was very pretty but she was the worst of them all