Chapter 6: Money Problems

"Teagan." I groan. "Teagan!" I open my eyes to see my mom in front of me. "Mom isn't it Saturday?" She smiles. "Yes sweetie but Jackson is downstairs." I jump straight up. "Did he say why he was here?!" She shakes her head. I swallow. "Tell him I'll be down in a minute." She nods leaving.

I rub the sleep from my eyes getting out of bed. I'm wearing a tank top and some sweatpants as I open the door heading down the stairs. As I step off the last step I fall into a pair of arms and I take in the scent I love so much. "Morning beautiful." I groan. "Why are you here? I'm trying to get my beauty sleep."

He hugs me. "You've had enough. Trust me." I blush lightly lifting my head to look at him. "Why are you here Jacks?" He smiles. "Because it's eleven on a Saturday and I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend. That and Raelynn won't stop talking about you." My eyes light up.

"She talks about me?" He nods letting his nose touch mine with a wide smile. "Yeah everytime you text." I nibble on my lip watching his. "And what does she say?" He hums. "That's a secret." He presses his lips gently to mine. "Tea!" Zane yells making me jump. "Mom's cooking bacon and you're in the way." He whines. I step aside and he runs into the kitchen. I stand on my toes kissing him again.

"So was this you inviting me over?" I whisper and he smiles. "If you have nothing better to do." I shake my head. "Just let me get dressed? Go join the family for breakfast." He nods. "Take your time." I head up the stairs to my room. I needed a casual outfit that was worthy of meeting his parents and his little sister. I find a blue button-down shirt and a pair of black jeans with some matching black vans.

I eventually make y way down to the kitchen where I can hear Jackson talking with my father

I eventually make y way down to the kitchen where I can hear Jackson talking with my father. "I've heard how much you've helped daughter and I want to say thank you." He nods. "Of course Mr. Reynolds. I intend to make her as happy as possible." My mother interjects. "I'm positive you already do." I step in snatching a piece of bacon. "Enough about me." They nod and I hook my arm around Jackson's. "I'm going out if that's okay?" My mother nods and I pull him off before my father stops us. "Jackson..." He turns to my father. "Keep her safe." I blush and he hums. "Of course sir."

*

"Here we are. The Peter's residence. I know it's nothing compared to yours but I love it." I admire the medium gray house and take in all its beauty.