Chapter 38: The New House

"Jackie look how beautiful it is. Can we please go look at it?" I say pouting at him from the other side of the island. It's been a few days and it was early in the morning. Sadie was still asleep and I was showing him the pictures of the house. He sighs looking down at them.

"I don't know Teagan it looks very fancy for a family

"I don't know Teagan it looks very fancy for a family." I pout. "Please..." He huffs. "Fine we will look at it but that's it Teagan okay?" I stand wrapping my arms around him. "Oh thank you Jackie!" He kisses my head. "When are we going?" I think. "Well I assumed that you would agree so...today." He chokes on his coffee. "I have work today." I pout. "We can go after." He huffs. "I'll think about it. Next time give me a heads up yeah?" I frown. "I'm sorry Jackie."

He kisses me gently. "It's okay baby. I know you were just trying to surprise me." He cups my face. "But promise me that if I can't make it, you won't go. I don't trust people and I have to be extra careful now." I hum. "I promise Jackie." I grab my stomach taking a breath.

"Are you okay?!" I nod. "The baby is just kicking today." I place his hand on my stomach and our eyes lock with each other's. "Did you feel that?!" He nods. "I felt it." I smile. "Isn't that sweet, she's calming down some." He smiles. "Is it bad that I want her to keep moving?" I shake my head. "She will Jackie. I'm only nineteen weeks." He smiles. "I love you princess." He say kissing my stomach and she moves. "She loves you too." I sigh placing a hand on my stomach. "I think I'm gonna head back to bed. Feel free to join me." He kisses me softly. "I love you." I smile. "I love you too."  I pull away heading back upstairs to climb into bed.

I eventually feel the bed shift and turn to see Jackson sitting with one of his books open. I turn cuddling into his side. He smiles throwing an arm over me taking a sip of coffee. "Haven't you studied enough?" He hums touching my stomach. "I can never study enough babe. You've got me this far and I won't let all your hard work go to waste." I place a hand on his stomach. "I know you won't let my work go to waste but sometimes you just need to rest baby." He brushes some hair from my face.

"That's why I have my coffee. Don't worry Teagan. I'm fine." I shake my head. "No give me the book." I say gripping one side and he grips the other. "Baby I'm fine." I pout at him and he closes his eyes. "No don't give me that look. Please Teagan..." I huff. "Fine do what you want?" I say rolling away from him. "Baby..." I sob softly. "Hey..." He says softly touching me. "I'm worried about you Jackie. All you do is work hard and study day and night. I'm not complaining, trust me. I'm happy for you but Jackson this isn't healthy. The amount of coffee you consume in one day and the little amount of hours you actually do sleep. I'm just so worried."