Chapter 37: Sammy

*One Month Later*

"Jackie it's time!" He looks up at me from the kitchen to the railing where I am. He smiles. "Babe I think you've still got five months." I roll my eyes heading down the stairs. "No Jackie it's time to find out what gender the baby is. Our appointment is today remember?" He takes a bites of cereal. "Of course I remember but are you sure you wanna know?" I fidget with the necklace around my neck. "Do you not want to know?"

He takes my hand. "If you keep fidgeting with it you're gonna break it." I huff. "Teagan if you're sure you wanna know we'll know." I sigh. "I just always imagined knowing as soon as possible that way I can go crazy finding a home and decorating it in my head. Oh we can put bows on the walls if it's a girl. Ooo or little birds if it's a boy." He kisses me. "If knowing makes you that happy baby than I'll ask myself." My eyes glow. "You mean that?" He nods. "I mean that now. Come on get dressed I'll get Sadie up." I smile. "Okay Jackie." I kiss his cheek before heading upstairs.

I get dressed in a pair of gray leggings and a black that was in my closet but I believe is Jackson's. Once I'm dressed Jackson brings Sadie in wearing her little floral dress with brown Sandler and her hair is in pigtails. "Mommy, daddy made me pretty." I take her from his arm. "Oh sweetie you were pretty already."

She giggles. "Look at my little pony tails." I smile. "Now daddy does mommy's hair." I shake my head. "No sweetie I can do my own hair." Jackson hums. "True but today I'm gonna do it. Come sit." I sigh sitting on the bed with Teagan in my lap. I hum as he starts to brush through it. "I bet you're hoping for a boy huh Jackie?" He smiles. "I don't know I'm getting used to this. Maybe a boy would be out of the ordinary." I hum. "You're going to be wrapped around our fingers." He pulls my hair up into a messy bun. "That's not such a bad thing." I smile. "That's because you're wrapped so tight around mine." He kisses my cheek. "Of course. Every single one of them." He pulls down some small strands. "All set." I stand. "Are you ready Sadie?" She nods. "Let's go." Jackson follows as we head out of the room and down the stairs.

*

"Okay Teagan you're all signed in just have a seat." I nod waddling back over to Jackson and Sadie who is playing on his phone. "And now we wait." He nods. "Jackie?!" I look up to see this beautiful blonde women towering over me and Jackson.

"My gosh Jackie how have you been?!" He smiles

"My gosh Jackie how have you been?!" He smiles. "Sammy?! I've been good how about you?" She wraps him in a hug when he stands. "I'm very well. You look great." He laughs. "I can say the same for you. No more braces I see." She nods and I clear my throat.

"Oh this is my fiancée Teagan. And our daughter Sadie." She shakes my hand. "Hi. I'm so happy you found someone Jackie." He hums. "Have you?" She shakes her head. "No but I stopped looking a long time ago." "Teagan Reynolds." I stand taking Sadie's hand walking towards the lady. "Hey how are you today?" I fake a smile. "I've been better but physical I'm fine." She nods. "Okay good. Are we here alone?" I shake my head as Jackson steps through the door. "Sorry. Hope I didn't miss much." The lady smiles. "You must be the dad?" He nods. We get seated in a room while we wait for the doctor. "Something wrong baby?"