Chapter 15: Scholarship

Teagan POV

I sat in my hospital bed watching TV all day having no one but the nurses who checked up on me and the man who brought me my food. I'm not exactly sure when my eyes drift shut but I know they open when I feel a small warm body on mine. "Sissy! Oh I missed you so much! I thought I'd never see you again! Jackie! She's up!"

He huffs. "Rae Rae I told you not to wake her." She pouts. "But Jackie I just missed her so much." I hug her. "It's okay Raelynn. I missed you too honey." She clings to me and I comb through her hair as she dozes off. "How was school?" He takes my hand kissing it. "It was okay. I missed you in English though." I frown. "Jackson I've thought long and hard about what you've said. Everything you've said and I think that I'm not quite ready yet. I think I need to build with you more. I think I need to love you more. I'm sorry Jackson." He kisses my head. "Don't you even begin to be sorry. I'll wait as long as I need to because I'll be waiting my whole life Teagan. Waiting for you to come home. Waiting for you to smile and laugh. Waiting for you to give me everything I've ever wanted." I hum.

"That's why I love you babe." He taps my nose. "I love you too baby girl. Get some sleep. I'm going to too. I'm whipped." I lean up kissing him gently. "Okay Jackson." I curl up with Raelynn and slowly doze back off to sleep.

*

Two Months Later

I'm sitting in science class watching the hours slowly tick by. I haven't had to worry about Miranda or Diego in a long time. Life seemed to be going good again. I was patiently waiting to here that bell so patient that I was concentrated. So concentrated I barely heard my own name being called. "Ms. Reynolds?!"

I shake my head. "Yes?" The man pushes the glasses up on his nose sighing. "You're needed in the office." I swallow. "For?" He smiles. "Check out." My heart drops. I had waited this whole class to be able to spend some time with Jackson in his free period next but that apparently had changed.

I take my things keeping my head down as I leave making my way to the office. When I get there my parents aren't in the office and I'm confused. "Ready to go?" I turn seeing him leaned against a set of lockers. "Jackson what's going on?"

He steps up to me. "I have good news." I hum hooking my index fingers in his. "Yeah and what's that?" He sighs with a smile. "I am 19 and in the eleventh grade. Obviously that's not normal. I didn't flunk though I just kept wanting to stay behind and take as many business classes as I could." I shake my head. "I'm not sure how this is good news."

He smiles leaning his head against mine. "Guess who just go a full scholarship to University of Southern California." I gasp wrapping my arms around his neck. "Oh my gosh! No this isn't happening!" He nods wrapping me in his arms as well. "It is baby girl." I hold him for a second before pulling back some. "Wait USC is in Los Angeles." He nods. "That means you're moving?" He sighs. "I have some ideas that I would like to discuss with you and that's why I checked you out. I figured we could celebrate and of course talk." I nod taking his hand. "Yeah. Let's go."

*

"You what?!" He sighs. "I know it's a lot Teagan I'm aware and I'm expecting a no from you." I sit back in my chair. He had taken me to some restaurant that I had never heard of before. "Let me get this straight. You want me to leave school. Move an hour away from my family to buy an apartment and live with you while you go to college." He nods with his head down.