Chapter 17: Promises

"Babe I love the gifts. Thanks." I am standing in the bathroom mirror trying the shirts on. "That's great Jackson. I'm gonna run down to the kitchen and get us a drink. Meet me when you're done." I smile. "Of course." Eventually I put the clothes back in the bag but spray some of the cologne on myself. I exit the bathroom seeing a bag on the bed.

I smile stepping towards it. I reach in pulling out a small box. Inside were two rings. The bigger one was black and the smaller was gold but they both had 'I will always be yours' written on them. I reach back into the bag finding a note.

Jackson,

I don't know what to say. I love you and I know this looks absurd but they are only promise rings. So here's the deal. If I come back to find the bag and the box still on the bed I'll know that you won't want me to be apart of your life in the long run. But if you do then I'll be waiting downstairs.

I sigh harshly think long and hard before I make a decision.

*

Teagan's POV

I'm sitting on the couch drumming my fingers on my cup. I hear the footsteps coming down the stairs followed by a smiling Jackson. "Hey babe where's my cup?" I stare blankly for a second. "In the kitchen." He smiles. "Great. Thanks." I step into the kitchen with him. "Um..." He touches my arm. "Is something wrong?" He says leaning his back against the counter. I shake my head. "Ugh...no. I have to use the restroom." I set the cup down heading back upstairs seeing the bag on the bed and I frown reaching in to see the box is still there but the letter had been taken out. I sit cupping my face.

I had given my everything to someone who didn't even want long term. What had I done? I start to sob softly. "I thought long and hard Teagan and I've come to the conclusion that I can't." I look up at him and he smiles before stepping towards me. "I can't live my life without you. I can't spend a second wondering who has you if I don't. I don't want to spend my life chasing after only half my dreams. Open the box Teagan." I watch him with a tear stained face before opening the box to see only his ring inside. He holds mine out to me. "I promise to never ever let you down. I promise through thick and thin I'll be right by your side. I promise to argue and fight like normal couples do and I promise to love you until my heart gives out."

I touch his face crying. I extend my left hand and he slips it onto my ring finger. He smiles. "You're turn." I take a deep breath.

"Jackson I promise to love you for a long time. Hopefully for the rest of my life. I promise to stick by you no matter how dumb the idea may be. I promise to keep you happy as best I can. But most importantly I promise to follow wherever your dreams take you even if that's to Los Angeles." He gasps as I slid the ring on his finger. "You're going with me?!" I nod.

"Yeah Jackson I am." He tackles me onto the bed kissing all over my face. "Really?!" I giggle. "Stop Jackson. Yes." He let his nose touch mine as he hovers above me. "You're positive?!" I gaze up at him. "After how I felt with you this morning, I was positive that I never want to feel that way with someone else Jackson. So if you would allow me then yes I'd like to..."

He kiss me. "Allow you? Baby girl you do what you please. I don't allow you to do anything but it would mean the world if I got to live with you while I chase after my dreams." I smile. "Is that what this whole promise thing was about?"

I blush. "I figured if you could promise you're love to me then I would know that this wouldn't falter. I would know that I could go with you." He kisses me. "Baby I promise my love won't ever falter for you." I hum. "I guess we better be deciding on apartments. Or would you prefer a house?" He laughs. "You pick doll." I grin. "Doll?" I think. "I like it." He lays next to me pulling me into him playing with my hair. "I like you." He coos. There is a pause and he lifts my head. "Is that why it took you an hour to use the bathroom?" I giggle. "Yeah but I did use the bathroom so it wasn't a total lie." He rolls his eyes kissing me. His phone goes off and he sighs. "We have to go get Raelynn." I sigh. "Can you drop me at home first? I'd like to tell my parents." He brushes a piece of my hair back. "Do you want me there?" I shake my head. "They will see you when you get back." He nods softly before getting up to help me up. "Ready?" I sigh nodding before taking his hand as we leave.