Chapter 8: Had Enough

His thumb lightly runs circles into my hand as he drives. Raelynn is in her car seat in the back just humming to the music as she plays games on Jackson's phone. We were headed out to go shopping. Specifically for Raelynn but he insisted that if I seen something I wanted he would buy it.

I didn't go all out with dressing I kept his flannel and just through a pair of black jeans and a pair of vanes on. He seemed just as happy as he would have been if I really tried. He pulls into the mall parking lot. I take Raelynn from her car seat carrying her on my hip. "Jackie are we going shopping?!" He taps her nose. "Yes Rae Rae we are." She cheers. "Teagan will help me pick cute clothes?" I nod with a smile. "Of course silly can't have you walking around looking all crazy." She giggles as I tickle her. We go into places like Peek Kids and Gymboree.

I stop at a little cart with Raelynn still in my arms. It was a cart of nail polish. "Teagan I like this color." She says pointing to a bright pink. "It's pretty Raelynn but it's too bright." She taps her chin and I smile at how cute she is. "This one's Jackie's favorite." She says pointing to a pale blue.

"Sarah used to wear it a lot and then one day I never saw her again but Jackie cried

"Sarah used to wear it a lot and then one day I never saw her again but Jackie cried." I frown picking up the color. "Teagan promise you won't go away and make Jackie sad again." I tap her nose with a smile. "I promise. Now stop that frowning Raelynn it's gonna be a fun day." I tickle her and she giggles harshly.

I place the nail polish on the counter. "Is this it?" I nod. "Yep." I reach for my wallet and I feel a hand stop me. "I've got it babe." I roll my eyes. "Jackie!" He kisses her cheek swiping his card. "Is she yours?" I blush lightly. "No this is my sister Raelynn." She waves. The man smiles and waves back before handing me the nail polish that I shove in my bag. "Thank you." I tell the man before we leave. By the time we are done shopping Raelynn's tired and she even falls asleep on my shoulder on the walk to the car. I put her in her car seat and she sleeps quietly on the way home. "So who's Sarah?" He looks at me very quickly and then puts his eyes back on the road. "Who told you about Sarah?"

I sigh. "Raelynn." He takes my hand. "How much did she tell you?" I look over my shoulder to see if Raelynn was still asleep. "She said you cried a lot and made me promise I wouldn't go away like her." He stops at a light. "It's a long story Teagan and a hard one. I want to tell you everything. I knew I would have to eventually but not here. Not with Raelynn in the back." I nod. "Okay."

*

"Be careful." He smiles. "Just trust me." I sigh giving him my hand. We've been back for an hour. Raelynn was sleeping in her bed and Jackson's mom was watching TV in her bed getting well rested for another night of work. He begins to lightly paint my nails. "I loved her." I swallow.

"What?" He looks up at me. "Sarah. I loved her." I swallow as he goes back to painting. "What happened?" He takes a breath. "She cheated on me. She'd been cheating on me. At the begin of the relationship she introduced me to her "brother" turned out to be her boyfriend who she told that I was her cousin. I was with her for a year and a half. I gave my all to her Teagan. I planned to spend my life with her. What hurt the most was my father warned me. And he didn't even get to see the day I finally left her." I frown. "Jackson..." He motions for my other hand. I give it to him sighing.