Chapter 42: Blackouts

"Mommy I wanna kiss daddy goodnight?" My tears well in my eyes. "I do too sweetie but we can't see him right now okay?" She frowns. "Why mommy?" I sigh sitting on the edge of the spare bed in Jess and Mark's house. We were staying for as long as we need too. "Because daddy is busy being in a grown up time out for being mean to mommy." She frowns. "But I still love daddy." I let some tears fall. "I do too cupcake." There's a knock on the front door and I stand. "I'll be back to kiss you good night okay?" She nods.

I step out of the room and step up to the door answering it seeing Jackson. I swallow stepping back. "You can't come in." He huffs. "Teagan please just hear me out." I shake my head wiping my tears. "No Jackson. I told you no and you were gonna pin me down and force me!" He lifts his hand and I bring my fist up. "Don't you even think about touch me...or us for that matter." I cross my arms over my body once he lets his hand fall to his side.

"Just go Jackson." He frowns. "Can I fix this Teagan?" I look up at him with tears rolling down my face. "I don't know Jackson. You made me feel..." "Daddy?" Sadie says rubbing her eyes. "Daddy!" She says hugging his leg tightly. "Oh hey sunshine." I huff pulling her off of his leg. "Sadie I've told you..." She pouts. "I don't care if daddy's in a grown up time out. I want him to tuck me in for bed." I huff shutting my eyes before lifting them to look at him.

"Fine sweetie. Just this once. Go get in bed and daddy is on his way." I set her down and she cheers running off. "Teagan..." "If you lay a harmful hand to her I will smite you in a heartbeat. Do you hear me?!" He swallows sadly nodding. "You've got five minutes." I say stepping aside but I follow him into the spare bedroom watching as he tickles her. "I love you daddy."

He hums. "I love you too Sadie." He kisses her head. "Daddy why were you mean to mommy?" He glances over his shoulder. "The truth Sadie?" She nods. "Well I don't know sweetie. I don't even remember being mean to her. Before I knew it she was here with you. I'm so sorry Sadie that I messed up. But I will get you and mommy back. I won't stop okay sunshine?" She smiles nodding. "Good night daddy. I love you." He kisses her head one more time. "Good night princess. I love you so much more." I clear my throat and he gets up softly before stopping at the door. He takes a breath before walking towards the front of the house. I watch him from the hallway as he sets something on the counter before leaving. I lock the door before stepping around to see that it was my ring. I pick it up before setting it back down.

I walk around the counter to the kitchen pulling the tub of ice cream from the freezer. I grab a spoon flopping down on the couch sobbing while I eat it. Life could get worse but to me I'm pregnant and alone and that was as bad as I ever wanted it to get. Ever.

*

"Teagan...Teagan!" I stir awake and Jess is sitting at the end of the couch. "Sweetie I know your upset but eating this whole half a gallon of ice cream isn't gonna help anything." I roll my eyes. "Yes it will. It makes the baby less sad." She huffs. "Maybe you should go talk to him." I shoot up. "No way Jess! Are you crazy?!" She sighs. "Teagan what do you plan on doing? Having a baby with no daddy? Or running off back home with two kids? Think about it Teagan." I huff. "I hate when you're right." She smiles. "Up you go then." I stand. "I really hope this doesn't back fire." She rolled her eyes. "It won't." She says pushing me out the door. I huff before opening the door to our condo.

"Jackson!" There's no answer and so I head upstairs. "Jackson!" There's still no response. I step into our room and he's passed out and god only knows how many beer bottles were on the floor. "Jackson!" I yell as loud as I can and he stirs. "Teagan?" He mumbles and I step up to him. He opens his eyes before shooting up. "Are you really here?!" I nod. "Jackson are you still drunk?" He shakes his head. "We need to talk." He nods. "But you will not touch me, understand?" He nods. I sit next to him softly.