Chapter 44: Blue Bird

"No Jackson..." I giggle softly. "I want my kiss that you promised me for cleaning the kitchen." I turn my face away. "Too bad. I had to dry up the water you spilt cleaning so no deal." He tickles me some more. "Give me that kiss baby girl." I push him some. "No Jackie." He presses his nose to mine. "You'll give it to me. I'm gonna start by cleaning the whole house. You will give in."

I smile. "You're gonna clean the whole house? All that for one kiss?" He smiles. "Correction. For one of your kisses. That's way better than just any kiss." I roll my eyes. "And what if I don't give it to you?" He hums. "I'll figure something else out." He goes to step away and I grab his wrist pulling him back. "That's not necessary Jackie." I whisper before pulling his lips down to mine.

He hums wrapping his arms around me and I grip his bicep. He pulls back softly with a smile. "I'm still gonna clean the house." I sigh. "Jackie..." He shakes his head. "No baby you've cleaned it how many countless times? It's my turn. Go run a bath or color with Sadie. I'll be fine." I smile. "Thank you Jackson." He pecks my lips once more. "You're welcome. Now go. And before you ask, no you can't help." I huff before nodding. "Okay dad." He smacks my thigh playfully and I slap his arm. "Get to work Jackie." He hums with a smile as I disappear up the stairs. I head into the bedroom seeing Sadie sprawled out on the balcony floor. "Hey sweetie what are you doing?" She pouts. "I wanna color daddy a picture. I just don't know what he would like." I see her coloring book that she's been flipping through and the pack of crayons next to her. Her hair is pulled back into a messy bun.

"Would you like some help?" She nods. "Please?" I sit down next to her watching as she flips through the pages. "Whoa Sadie. That is a blue bird. Your daddy loves them because of their color. You know he believes they're lucky." She giggles. "I wanna color this one but I want it to be pretty." I smile. "Hand me a blue crayon and let's see what we can do." She smiles handing me one. I out line the bird in dark blue and have her color in the bird very lightly to make the colors contrast.

"Now I need a yellow for the beak Sadie." She looks at me funny but hands me the crayon anyways. When I start to color the beak she gasps. "Mommy why didn't you just say mouth silly." I laugh. "Because it's called a beak Sadie." She nods softly. "Now we have to sign it mommy." I sign the bottom and then let Sadie sign it. I tear it out of the book. "Get your things and we can take it down to daddy now." She scoops up her book and crayons. We drop them in her room before heading downstairs to meet Jackson. "Daddy me and mommy have a surprise." He smiles as he finishes putting the books that were left out back on the bookshelf. "A surprise? Well what is it?" He says stepping over to us. Sadie holds out the picture to him.

"Me and mommy colored it for you." He looks at me before extending his hand to take the picture. "This is beautiful. Thank you Sadie so much." He kisses her cheek. "I couldn't of done it without mommy. She told me how much you loved blue birds daddy." He smiles glancing at me. "That's one of the reasons I love mommy. She knows all of my favorite things off the top of her head." She giggles. "Daddy are you still in a grown up time out or can we play a board game?" He looks at me and I sigh. "Actually he's still in a little bit of one and he's cleaning the house right now but Jess actually wanted to take you shopping. How's that sound?" She cheers. "Yay!" He stares at me for a long time before looking down at the drawing. "Thank you Sadie. I'll see you later. I love you." She wraps her arms around his neck as I hold her. "I love you too daddy."

Eventually Jackson gets back to cleaning and I head over to Jess' to let her and Sadie go shopping. When I get back the living room is spotless and Jackson is no where in sight. I make my way upstairs. "I love you so so much too." I wear him whisper and I step up to our bedroom door way. "Jackie I miss you so much." He frowns. "I know Rae Rae. Maybe mom will let you spend this weekend with us." She giggles. "Oh Jackie promise you'll talk to her. I miss you and sissy." I hold my stomach rubbing soft circles into it. "We miss you too Rae Rae." He looks up at me. "Hey Rae Rae I have to go. I'm supposed to be cleaning. I'll call you tonight and talk to mom I promise." She giggles saying she loves him before they get off the phone.