Chapter 29: Sadie's New Home

*Monday Morning*

"Sadie do you have everything packed?" She frowns but nods. "Come on then Sadie." I pick up her bag and she runs off. I follow her into our bedroom where she climbs onto the bed to wrap her arms around Jackson's neck. He is stunned and so am I. "I don't want to go back." She whispers and he wraps her in his arms. "Sadie sweetie I know but you have too. I'll visit you at the orphanage okay?" She pulls back with tears. "You promise?" He smiles. "I promise Sadie. Now come on." He scoops her up and we head out.

About fifteen minutes later we are pulling up to the orphanage. "Okay Sadie." She hugs Jackson once more. "Bye-bye." He hums. "Bye-bye Sadie." I scoop her up and she looks back at him as we head for the orphanage. "Hey there Sadie." The receptionist says and she just hides her face in my neck.

"I'll get a reply one day." I smile heading up the stairs. "Okay Sadie. Here's your room and here's your bag." I set her down and she hugs my leg. "Don't leave me please." I frown. "Sadie sweetie this is just how it has to be. I'm sorry." She cries softly as I turn and leave and it breaks me.

"Ms.Reynolds. A word?" I nod following Michelle to her office. "It seems that Sadie has taking a liking to you and your boyfriend. I think it is best for her well being that you adopt her." I frown. "Michelle I'm not fit to raise a child." She hums. "Your bank account says otherwise." I sigh. "Yes I have the money but mentally I am a child myself." She folds her hands. "That little girl is crying her eyes out because she's had to leave you. Please do what's right Ms. Reynolds and take her home." There is a knock on the door. "Michelle...oh great Teagan you're already here." I look back at Jess. "What is it Jess?" She sighs. "Me and Mark would like to adopt Sadie." I stare in awe. "What?" She sighs. "We heard you and Jackson talking last night on your balcony and if you aren't fit to take her we will." I shake my head. "Can I have a moment please?" They nod and I step out of the room heading down to Jackson's car.

"Baby why do you look so pale?" He asks cupping my face. I frown. "Michelle wants us to adopt Sadie because she's crying and Jess wants to adopt her for us. Jackson..." He sighs. "Baby if this is what you want..." I look up at him. "Can we do this Jackson?" He smiles. "You know we can." I swallow. "But we wanted one of our own." He kisses me. "We can one day. I promise but let's do what's best for now." I smile. "Okay Jackie. Come on." We head back into the building and are greeted by Michelle and Jess. "Jess I'm very grateful for you and Marks offer but me and Jackson would like to adopt her." Michelle hums. "I knew you'd make the right choice." I smile. "Would you like to deliver the good news?" We nod. "This way then." We head up the stairs to Sadie's room. "Here we are. Come see me before you leave. And Ms. Reynolds?" I hum. "Welcome aboard." I smile. "Thank you." She leaves and I take Jackson's hand before knocking and opening the door.

"Sadie..." She sits up with tears streaming down her face. "Pack your bags sweetie your going home." She leaps into Jackson's arms. "Really you mean it?!" I tap her nose. "We mean it." She hides her face in his neck. "Thank you." She cries and I pack her things while Jackson tries to comfort her.

*

"Welcome home Sadie." I say opening the door. Jackson carries her in and sits her on the stool pulling the milk and cookies from the fridge. We signed the papers and for now because it was for the well-being of Sadie she would be staying with us. They eat Oreo's as I set the files down on the coffee table sitting on the couch.

"Ms. Reynolds come eat with us." I sigh. "Sadie I can't. I've got work to do. I'm sorry." She frowns. "Okay." I open a file sighing softly before shutting it. "You know what? I don't get paid to do this job so what do you say we go shopping Sadie?" She smiles. "Really?" I nod. "Yay!" There is a knock on the door and I answer it. "Oh hey Jess." She smiles. "I was headed to the store and wondered if Sadie wanted to go." I smile. "Actually Sadie why don't you go and Jess will buy you anything you want." She nods. "We can go shopping later on okay?" She hums before Jackson helps her off the stool. They leave and I turn to Jackson pulling his lips to mine. "How long do you think we have?" He hums. "Long enough." He pulls my shirt up some kissing me harshly. He reaches back locking the door before gripping my legs allowing me to jump.