Chapter 13: Only Getting Worse

"Okay sweetie I'm here to check your vitals again." I nod. They had been in and out throughout the night. I glance at Jackson who's sleeping soundly. "Has the doctor said if I could get out of bed." She hums putting the thermometer in my mouth. "Yes actually. The doctor wants you to move as much as you want. Feel free to move through the room. Maybe even go down for breakfast or walk in the trail outside. Just be sure to take you're iv with you." Jackson groans rolling over. "Maybe even that strong young man. He may come in handy." She says with a playful smile. "He can be a knucklehead but he always finds a way to come in handy." We share a small laugh before she leaves. I climb softly out of bed feeling weaker then I had expected.

I make my way softly to Jackson I sit at his feet rubbing his shoulder. "Jackie..." I whisper. He hums moving to hug his pillow. I smile gently remembering Raelynn telling me he did that when I wasn't with him. "Jacks." His eyes drift open and he glances at me before quickly jumping up. "Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Do I need to get a doctor?! There is a button on you're remote you know?! I laugh touching his face. "Jackson I'm okay. I feel a little weak and I physically feel like crap but you need to get up for school." He scuffs. "I'm not going today Teagan. You need me more." I roll my eyes knowing I won't win. "Don't you at least have to take Raelynn to school."

He shakes his head. "My mom was home last night. She'll take her." I nod and there is a pause. "Well I've been cleared to walk around the building as long as I have my iv so maybe if you're not going to school we can go out to the trail for a bit. Maybe even get some breakfast."

He kisses my head. "Sure. Just let me shower and get dressed?" I nod. "Sadly I'm stuck in this gown for now." I say standing. "You look beautiful. Get back in bed. It won't take me long." I nod. "Thanks Jackson." He stands stretching helping me into bed. "Don't thank me baby girl." I hum softly watching him grab a towel before disappearing into the bathroom.

*

"I can't believe you're going out like that?" He smiles. "Hey if you're gonna be lazy then I am too. This is couple goals." I roll my eyes. He wore a blue button down shirt with a pair of black joggers.

"I don't have a choice

"I don't have a choice." He tisks. "Whatever Teagan. You know that if you had a choice you go out in some leggings and a hoodie." I smile. "You know me so well." He kisses my head as we leave out of the room. "Soon baby I promise you can wear all the hoodies and leggings you want."

I lean on him for support. "I'm so lucky to have you." He helps me into the elevator. "Funny because I was thinking the same thing about you." I sigh. "I feel so weak Jackson." He rubs circles into my side. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I nod. "I need to get out of that room it's too small. Just promise you'll be by me the whole time." He presses his lips to my temple. "I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else."

I smile. "Aren't you worried about being sick from all this kissing?" He shakes his head. "I forgot that I got my flu shot. Raelynn wouldn't take hers unless I was holding her hand and getting one too." I hum. "That's so sweet." His phone starts to ring. "Speaking of her." He answers the phone as the doors open and we step out into the cafeteria. "Hey Rae Rae." There's a pause. "Yeah sissy is sick right now and I'm here taking care of her but if you're good at school maybe you can see her later."