Chapter 12: The Flu

Why does it seem like all my mornings consist of cuddling closer into Jackson's warm body? At the moment I didn't care if I was being honest. I could spend every morning like this so when the alarm clock goes off I cling to him wanting only to savor the moment. He hums kissing my head sleepily.

"Good morning baby." I whine softly trying to hold him into place when he moves. "I have to go wake Raelynn." I sigh. "I can do it." He smiles. "That's very sweet Teagan but she can be very touchy if it's not me. I've just been doing it for so long."

I hum hiding my face in his neck to keep warm. It was very cold in the house. "Fine but just stay with me a few more minutes." He sighs nodding before playing with my hair. "I hate school." I say lowly. He laughs some and I hide my face deeper. "Baby today is teacher conference day. We don't have school." I lift my face. "Then why are we up?" He sets his nose on mine.

"Because Raelynn has daycare. We tried to tell her the we could watch her but she insisted on going. She really loves it." I swallow lightly and he smiles leaning in to kiss me. "Jackie! Jackie! Wake up it'd time for daycare!" She says running in. "I'm up Rae Rae. Have you picked an outfit?" She twirls from side to side lightly nodding.

He hums. "Okay Raelynn. Here I come." He says running out of bed and scooping her up. She giggles and I hide my face in the pillows that smell just like him. Before too long I hear Jackson's feet as he makes his way back to me. "Sissy look." I turn seeing her dressed in a black and white checkered dress and a white shirt underneath with sandals.

"Will you do my ponytail?" Jackson sighs. "Raelynn I'm sure Teagan is tired..." I sit up. "Come here Raelynn." He gives me a questioning look before handing her over to sit in my lap. I start to pull her hair up as Jackson grabs a shirt and heads for the bathroom.

"All done girly." She stands hugging me and kissing my cheek. "Thanks sissy." I tap her nose. "No problem. Now let me and Jackie get ready?" She nods as I help her off the bed to leave. I get up grabbing a pair of leggings and on of Jackson's maroon sweatshirts before lightly knocking on the bathroom door.

He opens it with his tooth brush in his mouth. "Sorry. I'll change somewhere else." He takes my hand as I go to leave. He shakes his head stepping out before shooing me in. I sigh closing the door before starting the water to brush my own teeth. As I'm brushing he opens the door some and only sticks his arm in placing his tooth brush in the cup before closing the door back. I laugh some shaking my head. I eventually get dressed and of course the sweat shirt is too big but I'm too tired to change again.

I stumble out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom. I head down the stairs am greeted by a pair of welcoming arms. "You ready?" I nod softly and he kisses my head. "Come on Rae Rae!" She skips out of the kitchen and he scoops her up. "Are you ready?" She cheers. "Yes Jackie." He taps her nose. "Then off we go." He takes my hand pulling me along with him out the door.

*

"Goodbye Jackie!" He kissed her head. "Goodbye Rae Rae." They hug and he kisses her head. "Be good." She giggles. "I'm always good Jackie. I'm a good girl." He hums. "Yes you are Rae Rae." He stands and I take his hand as we leave.

"You really do love her." He hums. " of course you're looking at my world aside from you." I roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah." He kiss me softly pressing my back to his car and I wrap my arms around his neck. "What would you like to do today?" He whispers softly to me. I hum with a smile. "A lazy day sounds nice unless you had something planned?"

He shakes his head. "No though I got you something." I scuff shaking my head. "You're do negative." He laughs. "No no babe. I mean I really got you something." I blush lightly. "Oh..." He kisses me once more. "Come on." I nod as he steps away and gets in the car. I climb in as well and he takes my hand in his before driving off.