Iwaizumi X Reader - Black Lines

This story is written by greenwolves on DeviantArt

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Soulmates!AU where the line on your forearm changes colour according to the other's emotions.

When you do puzzles, have you ever, by mistake, put two pieces together while they weren't meant to fit? They weren't at the right place, but they still sticked together as if it was the right combination. If you lived such a moment, then you have the perfect picture for this story.

You were in the street, living the same life as many highschoolers around your age. You were heading toward a casual supermarket to meet with aquaintances, wearing casual clothes. You always considered yourself as someone absolutely casual, to which nothing really extraordinary would happen; and you were perfectly fine with that. The line on your forearm that indicated the mood of your soulmate changed colours as they were living their own life. It wasn't particularly happy, neither sad. You may meet them someday, you may not, it was the game.

But then.

You were about to cross the road, hurrying because it was about to turn red when you saw him. He was a tall, handsome blonde man. He was looking at you with kind eyes athough a slight surprise shone in his brown orbs. But none of these detail mattered. You felt it. Time seemed to stop as you observed the man that had entered your life within few seconds.

"He's my soulmate." You thought, breathless.
An intense feeling of completion filled your heart as you felt like nothing else mattered now this stranger was in front of you.

He suddendly began to walk to you and you stepped forward too.

You heard screams echoing around you and a hand holding your arm to stop you from moving furthermore. The noise was covered by one of a tyre.

...

You came back to your senses, heavily sweating. It took you a minute to realise where you were. Right, the hospital room. You had just made a nightmare about that cursed day. Again.
You began to violently shiver as you recalled every detail of the scene. Your eyes went down to your wrist and the black line seemed to wrap itself around your heart as it ached like hell. You had difficulties to breathe and hastily covered your arm with your pyjamas' sleeve, almost ripping it apart. You didn't want to remember that the person who was meant for you had disappeared. You didn't want to remember that you had the chance to meet him and let things happen.

"(f/n), you're awake!" Your mother declared as she stepped in the room, relief and worry all over her face.
You nodded, slightly less panicked thanks to her presence.

"Are you hungry? You haven't been eating properly these past days..." She asked.
It was true that you were so chocked by the accident which had taken your soulmate's life that you had refused to eat and rest, until tears came no more and sleep caught you off-guard. Or was it tranquillizer that did the job.
You nodded again, negatively this time.

You took the notebook you used to communicate.

"I'm not hungry, thanks mom."

She weakly smiled.

You hadn't been able to talk since the day it all happened. You could sometimes whine or laugh but speaking was out of question. The doctors told your family it was because of the shock and you would soon regain your vocal abilities. You doubted it. It seemed that your throat had disappeared.
When your parents asked to the nurses why you seemed to deeply touched by this young man death -it wasn't normal for a person to be this hurt by the lost of their other half-, you learned that the day you met with your soulmate is the day during which the bond is the strongest, which resulted for you to what seemed like death for you too. You agreed with that.
It felt like a part of your whole person had died this day. You forgot what optimism was this day, and it seemed that you couldn't remember it again.