Assumptions (Ukai x Reader) (Part 1)

I don't own this story!!!

This story is written by MrsTanaka on DeviantArt

-------------------------------------------------------

(Soulmate AU in which the name of your soulmate is tattooed on your wrist)

You looked toward your father before smiling lightly at the job well done. The beautiful, black lettering that now ran across your wrist was done in such a delicate and intricate manner it was impossible to tell that you weren't born with it.

'Ukai Keishin'

"So, where did you choose the name from anyways?" your father asked as he slowly began to put away his equipment.

"Oh, I heard the gym teacher at Nekoma talking about how he was excited for some battle at the garbage dump and competing with an Ukai again. I don't know what it was all about, but the name sounded cool," you replied before standing up from your dining room table to help your father pack his things.

In a world where soulmates were everything people without them would often feel lonely or even be teased and bullied for not having one. It was because of this that many people began having 'fake' names tattooed onto their wrists.

You were one of the few who lacked a soulmate and thanks to that you spent most of your life feeling left out and sometimes even being teased by your peers; however, all that was about to change now.

Your father had recently just retired and closed down his tattoo shop. He had always dreamed of retiring out by the countryside away from the hustle and bustle of the city which was why you now found yourself out in Miyagi.

It didn't bother you so much though; especially since you had lacked friends back in Nekoma even though you were already eighteen and in your third and final year. You had been sadly one of only a handful that didn't have a soulmate.

That was all in the past now though!

Miyagi was a fresh start for you! You had your father tattoo a name onto your wrist and you promised yourself you would make friends this time around.

"You really did a great job though dad!" you said excitedly as you placed his equipment back into the closet where it had come from.

"Ah, really? That's great. I had really been concerned about it since the strain on my eyes had really started to get to me near the end," you father spoke up as he gently scratched the back of his head in something of a guilty manner.

That was the reason for your father's retirement. In recent years his eyesight had slowly started going and the strain from constantly having to perform tiny detail after tiny detail on a tattoo was only deteriorating his eyes quicker. It also gave him massive headaches.

"Ah....I need a smoke," you father muttered to himself as he picked his wallet up from the same table he had just been working on.

"Want me to go get a pack from that corner store?" you asked before moving to find your shoes.

"Yeah, that would be great," your father responded before handing you the proper amount of yen.

It wasn't long before you were out the door and humming softly to yourself. The path to the foothill store was the same one you would be taking to school from now on every day and this little walk would give you the perfect opportunity to further familiarize yourself with the area.

The door above your head ran out when you entered alerting the person on the clock to your presence. He was an older man with dyed blond hair that was pulled back by a band. A cigarette hung loosely between his lips and he seemed quite comfortable with his legs propped up on the counter and a newspaper in hand. You smiled happily toward him when you saw him look up toward you.