You Found Me - Kuroo Tetsurou X Reader

I don't own this story!!!

This story is written by nextalgood on DeviantArt

--------------------------------------------------------

- the voice you hear your thoughts in is your soulmate's but you don't know who they are until you hear them speak for the first time

You looked down at your math homework, seeing how it was nowhere near done. A small groan escaped your mouth while you slumped on top of your work, feeling the point of your pencil poke you through your shirt. You remained that for a while, debating whether you should continue and get a somewhat good grade on it or leave it be and fail it.

Maybe it would be better to do it.

There was one thing. Your were constantly distracted by your thoughts. Not the thought of itself in general but the voice. Usually, and normally, it would be your own voice talking to yourself. But this wasn't your voice. It was a much deeper voice, that of a man's and it sounded teasing like. You still controlled your thoughts but not the voice itself.

Come on [Name], stop thinking about th- Damn it!

"Ugh," You groaned, closing your eyes and laying on your back instead against the floor. "This is going to be harder than I thought,"

The next day, you had woken up on the same position as you were last night. Only this time, you were running late. Extremely late. You immediately jumped up, but that was quite the wrong move since you had stubbed your toe against the table you were sitting at earlier, and then hit your back against the wall while you held your foot in pain.

"Fuck!"

"Language, [Name]." You heard your mother say as she passed by. "If you don't hurry, you won't catch the train."

"Y-Yeah,"

Damn it, damn it, damn it! Shit, shit, shit!

No matter how much you were in a hurry or how you wanted to focus on something, the same voice caught your attention. Even when you cursed the voice still managed to make you blush from how smooth it sounded to you. You hurried to get yourself dressed, grabbing whatever you could to eat while you ran to the station, and gave your parents a quick kiss while you ran out the door.

Just barely, barely, you made it. The train had started to move but you had made it through the doors, not being squished between them. You breathed heavily from the run, seeing a couple of students here and there while you straightened up and began to munch on what you had grabbed.

A granola bar. Great.

///

Your luck wasn't on your side again as you saw the entrance doors of the school closing. You knew that once those doors shut you will not be able to enter. You could see just one last student hustling in, so you did what you could.

"H-H-Hey! Wait! Don't close it!"

The student seemed to have heard you and halted, looking back to see you quickly dashing and finally getting inside. "Oh great. Thank you so much." You heaved in and out, but caught him staring.

"W-What?"

"Your voice." He spoke, but somehow, his voice caught your attention too.

You stared at one another before a somewhat teasing grin went to his face. "Well, hello there, soulmate."

And you were much right about that teasing sounding voice of your head. Because that voice belonged to no other than the king of bedhead himself, Kuroo Tetsurou.