Out Of Time (Yachi Hitoka X Fem!Reader)

I don't own this story!!!

This story is written by AngelDemon678 on DeviantArt

----------------------------------------------------------

Soulmate AU where your clock tells you how much time your soulmate has left to live, but you can give them time from yours.

Soulmate AU where you can't see in colour until you meet your soulmate.

Note: I was thinking this is about the third year of high school.

~*~

You plowed through the crowd, staring down at the watch embedded in your wrist like your life depended on it. Well, yours didn't, at least to your knowledge. The monochrome world swirled around you, but you were focused on the numbers steadily ticking down.

It was telling you twelve minutes. Twelve minutes until your soulmate died, and you never saw colour. You wanted to find them, and give them the time you could. You honestly didn't care about colour, but you wanted them to be safe.

You just had to meet them. But there were thousands of people that would die in twelve minutes, you knew. Thousands due to a string of bombs that were planted around the world by your parents and multiple others, claiming they would cleanse the world. You, of course, had been powerless to stop them.

You just needed to find your soulmate and save them. Your parents had said that they would be here, but this was one of the most crowded streets in Tokyo. Besides, you couldn't trust your parents either. How could they know where your soulmate was?

In the end, this was your best bet. The crowds surged against you, and you felt something wet sliding down your cheeks. Tears. Tears because of what? Was it the fact you knew that many of these people wouldn't make it home? Or was it that you barely had time to find your soulmate before they died?

You shoved against the crowd harder, finally reaching a relatively tranquil spot. You wiped the tears from your cheeks and looked around. The grass which was about to upturned and in turmoil, was currently home to a young woman with blonde hair playing with a huge dog and a gaggle of school children playing tag. As you watched, smiling at the peace eclipsing the area, your phone buzzed.

From: Mom

To: (F/N)

Hurry up and get to a safe place. We have 3 minutes.

You sighed and moved to leave. As soon as you did, a frisbee hit you in the stomach. You made an "Oomph" noise and then fell as a giant slobbering St. Bernard tackled you.

"Oh my goodness!" The blonde woman's voice exclaimed, and now that she was closer you could tell she was wearing an unfamiliar uniform. Probably a visiting school or something. "Are you okay? Are you alright? I'm so sorry, get off her Saudade!"

"It's okay, Miss..."

"Yachi, Yachi Hitoka."

"That's a beautiful name." You said. "I'm (L/N) (F/N)."

"Would you like help up? I'm afraid my dog might have crushed your ribs. Please don't sue me! I promise if they are broken I'll pay for the medical bills!"

"Sure." You took the offered hand and smiled over at her, taking in the beautiful blonde hair hat was dotted with black star clips and light brown eyes. Wait. "You're my soulmate!" You exclaimed.

"I-I can see in colour..." She muttered, staring at you wide-eyed. "Wow. Just wow, you're gorgeous." You blushed lightly before remembering what was going to happen in less than a minute.

"Let me see your clock." She held out her wrist to you willingly, and you choked back tears. You had over eighty years to live, and you were willing to give them all to this beautiful girl you had just met. Making a decision, you flipped a switch on the side of hers and on the side of yours, watching as the years slowly trickled into your watch, then began to speed along.

"What are you-"

"Can I kiss you?" You asked, looking at her. She looked shocked, and began to stammer out something.

"W-w-well we j-just m-m-met a-a-a-and..."

"Please, Yachi-san." You begged, adding on a suffix. You flipped both watches' switches again, and smiled sadly. Your watch for her now read eighty three years, two hundred twelve days, nine minutes, and five seconds. Hers for you now read twenty seconds

"Very well." She said hesitantly. You placed both your hands gently on her cheeks and smiled.

"I know we just met, but know I love you. We just ran out of time." You said sadly, closing your eyes and pressing your lips softly to hers. She kissed back, and you felt tears begin to stream down your cheeks as you heard a string of booms, then heat, then a searing pain, then... nothing.