{37} Wedding Plans and Evil Clans

Max's P.O.V

I was absolutely infuriated. Liz was practically silencing me, and I did not appreciate it. Was she out of her mind? I knew that vampires had been in that field, I wasn't an idiot and I shoukdn't have had to have proved myself in order for my theory to be investigated. I was to take the basket to the rest of the council without Liz being aware of it. I didn't care if she wasn't convinced, I was convinced she was covering for someone. I didn't know who, though. All I did know was that if she was covering for a vampire or maybe more, they had to be very important to her. Family wise in this town, Liz only had one member... Her daughter, Caroline. I guess it was safe to say I already had my first suspicion.

I got my phone out from my bag and dialed my cousin Meredith's number, she had more contacts with the founders council. "Hello? Max, what's up?"

"Hey, Mer. I found a lead on some vampires and I took the evidence to Liz Forbes and she flat out denied me. Do you think you can arrange a meeting without her? And leave the mayor of it too, I think I know who the vampire is and her son is very close to her. And don't invite Damon Salvatore either, he's seems pretty friendly with my suspect as well." I explained quickly.

"Wait, what kind of evidence?" Meredith asked, she was slow with my plan.

"Oh for crying out loud. Okay, it's a picnic basket full of blood. Do you think you could check the hospital supply and see if you're missing any stock?" I asked, hopeful to catch the vampire out.

"No, sorry. Since the last blood raid a few months ago the Mayor makes sure we check regularly. I checked literally twenty minutes ago and we are very much full up with our blood bag stock." Meredith sighed, causing me to sigh.

"Okay, maybe the vampire has been storing this blood for months. When you had your last blood raid thing, what blood type did you lose the most of?"

"I'm not quite sure, all I know it that we lost a lot of 'O' negatives, whether we lost any other blood types I have no idea. Sorry I can't be of any more help." She sighed again.

"Well, you are of great help to me. As I explained earlier I want you to arrange a council meeting, the sooner the better. I'll text you a list of the people I don't want to attend in a second. Think you can do that? Great, bye." I didn't even give her time to speak, but I knew she'd be more than willing to help out her favourite cousin.

Meredith's P.O.V

I was extremely annoyed with Max, I knew he suspected Caroline. My friend Caroline. But I also knew that I needed to arrange this meeting to find out any further information that Max had, and how he was going to stop the vampires. My phone buzzed again, lighting up wit a text from my cousin. 

Liz Forbes

Carol Lockwood

Damon Salvatore

Alaric Saltzman

The list of the people he didn't want attending the meeting, because they all somehow had ties that would lead to Caroline discovering Max's plan. Maybe he even suspected they were all vampires too. First on my list to call was Alaric, I had to fill him in, and he was far more co-operative than Damon.

"Meredith?" He greeted me, sounding confused.

"Hey Ric. I've got news..." I mumbled.

"Sure, what's up?"

"You know my cousin Max? Well he's found this basket full of blood bags. I don't know how or where he found it. But he's got it. And he took it to Liz and she denied his request to find out who the vampires are. He now suspects Caroline, I think. Because Liz wouldn't help him. Either way, he's been very clever about it all and has figured out who Caroline is friends with. So he wants me to arrange a meeting without you, Damon, Liz and Carol. What should I do?" I explained.