{25} The Past Says It All

~Flashback to 1597~

Camila's P.O.V

It was a harsh winter in Paris. The freezing cold wind harsh and sharp against the bare skin on my cheeks. Every inch of myself was covered apart from my face, my lips were sore because of all the moisture the wind had blown out of them. Even though my ears were covered by my long curly hair, I could still picture my ears in a freezing, red mess. I was homeless, kind of. I had no place to call home, but I had my way around getting a comfy bed. A few tricks I'd learned in my nineteen years of being alive. I re-adjusted my waist tight dress and continued to fight the cold, I span around and suddenly bumped into a small woman. She looked about seventeen, dressed to impress and certainly lived by the motto. Her dress was also tight around her waist due to an expensive corset. She has long brunette hair that laid just above her waist, big brown eyes that looked desperate for affection and love. 

"Sorry." I mumbled as I knocked past her, a stern hand touched my shoulder firmly and spun me back around. It was her, the woman. She stared at me in curiosity as if I were an alien of some sort. Wondrously, she opened her mouth as if to say something, then she closed it again. Pursing her lips leaving them plump and bright. Suddenly she opened her mouth again, catching me off guard.

"What is your name?" She tilted her head to the side, her hair swooshing and swaying around her lower back. My eyes bulged slightly, how could a girl so... So posh, beautiful and full of light, be talking to someone like me? Quickly, I replied with a feeling that if I didn't I would be punished.

"Camillei..." There is was, my murmuring returning for a second round. This was no way to treat a lady of such wealth and youth. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Camillei, how very... Elegant. I like that name, exquisitely French." She showed off her poetic tongue. This lady had a way with words, they started to spell manipulation. I nodded and gave a petite curtsy, turning to walk off again. There, it returned again, her refusion to let me walk away.

"Wait, I must ask... I am new to this area of Paris. Do you mind me asking for a place to stay the night, se il vous plait?" Her eyes were like a puppy's... But it gave me a thought. I could get some money out of this rich lady, new to town... She wouldn't know any better. I grinned at her, putting my previous mumbling to a halt.

"I am afraid I do not have a place to call home. But I know a place in the woods, it's deserted and my current place to rest my head for the time being. Quite large for just me. You are welcome to take up the spare bed?" I offered kindly. Her smile grew even wider as she flicked some hair off of her shoulder.

"That would be delightful. How kind of you, shall we go there now?" She suggested, fixing her hair by pure guess work. I nodded and led her out to the woods. It was only a small wood, the place was deserted due to numerous sitings, people were 'seeing things'. Just for a little attention, that was my guess. I wrenched the door wide open and made way for her to come inside. She stood in the doorway, grinning at me.

"Do you properly own this maison?" She asked me, leaning against the door frame. I guiltily shook my head.

"Like I said, no. A personnes âgées couple own it." Before I could continue my sentence she looked at me in confusion. I guess she only new the basic French. "An elderly couple own it, they're visiting los petits enfants in Troyes. They'll be back in une semaines." I had to improvise, I didn't trust anyone and I never would. There was no elderly couple that owned this house. It had been deserted for months. I'd gathered old bits of furniture I'd found around town to finally fil up a few of the rooms.

"You will have to stick to English, I am a little rusty with my French." She teased as she ran her fingers through her hair and flicked it over her shoulders.