Chapter 2

Emma laid in the bath letting the lukewarm water seep into her skin, her blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail to keep it from getting wet.

The soft vanilla scent filled the girl's nose as she gently rubbed a small bar of soap along her skin removing every ounce of sweat that was lingering on her body after the training session with Neal.

The young woman let out a soft sigh as a soft knock echoed through the small room.

Emma cleared my throat, "come in" she called out.

The door opened, and her young maid appeared at the door.

In saying she was young, she was the same age as Neal. However, she was a very small, thin and frail woman. Her brown hair was pulled back out of her face in a sweet half up, half down do as she stared at Emma with kind brown eyes from the doorway.

The brunette shot her a small smile, "her majesty is looking for you, Miss" she told the girl in a small voice.

Emma nodded, "thank you, Tanya" she responded as she stepped out of the tub.

The older woman handed her a thick towel.

Emma nodded a thank you and wrapped the warm, white cotton around her body, "I left a fresh shirt and pants on your bed for you, Emma" Tanya informed her with a kind smile.

The girl nodded slowly, "thank you," she told her, and the older woman practically scurried from the room.

Snow had placed Tanya with Emma just over a year ago. The young girl wasn't as close to her as she was with Neal, but she could talk to Tanya about the little things that she couldn't talk to Neal about. Tanya often spent time comforting the young girl whenever she felt like she couldn't go to her parents.

Emma had insisted within the first week that Tanya use her first name unless in the company of others, besides Neal, of course. The rule was mostly put in place for whenever she was around her parents.

It took Tanya a little while to adjust to calling the blonde 'Emma' or 'Em' instead of 'Miss' or 'your highness', but now it was smooth and natural.

If there was one thing that Emma hated more than the balls her mother organizes, it's the formal titles. There's something about them she doesn't like; they sound forced and uncaring. 

Once Emma was dried, she slipped into the fresh clothes that Tanya had laid out for her which consisted of a white shirt, brown riding pants and a pair of plain black boots.

The older woman quickly learned that the young Princess wasn't a massive fan of corsets and dresses. Despite her mother's wishes, she wore shirts, riding pants and boots around the castle and on formal occasions she would force herself into a dress to keep her mother happy: like tomorrow night, for example.

Emma made her way to her parent's room and gently knocked on the door.

Her mother's voice called out and she made her way into the room.

The royal dress fitter stood talking to Snow with a few dresses lined up behind her.

The woman shot the blonde a small smile, "hello, Princess. It's been a little while" she greeted Emma politely.

The younger woman nodded, "yes, it has" Emma responded shooting the woman a smile.

Olivia is a middle-aged woman, around the same age as her mother, probably just a bit older, and has been fitting Emma for dresses since she was eight.

Her mother is very friendly with her, but Emma, on the other hand, doesn't know her that well.

She's a tall, blonde woman with very defined facial features. High, sharp cheekbones, plump red lips, and piercing blue eyes.