Chapter 23

The couple lay on Emma's bed wrapped firmly in each others arms. Regina was cuddled as close to the warm blonde as she could get, seeking as much comfort as she could receive. Emma had her arms wrapped firmly around her slender waist.

The brunette sighed, "what else could we do?" She asked the blonde gently.

Emma trailed her fingers gently through the older woman's soft ebony hair, "besides me fighting him?" She whispered softly, "I'm not sure" she mumbled.

Regina lifted her head slightly, propping herself up on her elbow, "you have a bruise on your arm that proves that even though you can beat him, you could still get seriously hurt" the woman whimpered, a soft layer of water beginning to form on her eyelids.

The blonde sat up and pulled the smaller woman forward so that she was sitting across her lap.

Regina wrapped her arms around the younger woman and hid her face in her wild curls, "we could just run?" The Princess offered up.

The brunette fell limp in the blonde's arms, "what?" She mumbled nervously.

Emma nodded as she gently threaded her fingers through the older woman's ebony hair, "I told you that I would if something came between me and the person I love" she mumbled.

Regina slowly sat up and stared at Emma for a moment, trying to process her words. With her free hand, Regina reached out to touch the blonde's face. The blonde leaned into the hand resting delicately on her cheek, "you're remarkable, Emma. But I can't make you do that" she mumbled.

Emma shifted slightly and Regina wrapped her legs around the blonde's waist, "you wouldn't be making me do anything. I can't have people keeping us apart" the Princess whispered.

The brunette has become a part of the blonde over these past few months, and that feeling has only grown stronger since the evening Emma told her about her growing feelings for. Being apart from the older woman hurts in every way imaginable.

The older woman let out a soft sigh, "my parents accept it, so does your father. The only one standing in the way is your mother, and I guess, technically Robin" Emma grumbled.

Regina wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck and pulled herself impossibly close. She rested her forehead against the younger woman's.

Emma gently tightened her grip on the older woman's waist, "I'm yours, Emma. In every way. My mother and Robin don't matter. You are the only one who matters to me" she whispered her face only inches away from the Princess'.

The blonde gently ran her hands along the soft curve of her hips, "what did I do to deserve you?" She mumbled staring into her loving cocoa orbs.

The brunette let out a soft giggle as she bit her lower lip, "it should be me asking you that question" she whispered.

Emma stared at her and smiled.

The older woman leaned in to press her lips against the blonde's but was stopped when she spoke up, "will you marry me, Regina?" Emma asked her gently.

The question took the brunette by surprise. She pulled back slowly and searched Emma's sea green eyes for even a glimmer of doubt. There was none.

Regina bit her lip and chuckled, "do you even have to ask? Yes, Emma" she responded with a wide smile.

The blonde grinned as she pulled Regina towards her and captured her lips in her own.

The pair pulled apart and Emma smiled as she gently removed the chain from around her neck.

She gently laid it in the palm of Regina's hand, "this is yours for when we get this whole thing sorted out" the blonde whispered.

The older woman studied the object and a soft gasp left her lips, "this is your mother's engagement ring" she observed with shock on her face.

The Princess nodded, "she gave it to me this afternoon after I told her about my feelings for you" the blonde explained.

Emma gently put the chain around her neck allowing the ring to sit just above her cleavage.

The brunette fiddled with the small silver band almost like she was trying to convince herself it was real.

"I love you, Emma" she whispered gently. She placed a quick, sweet kiss on the younger woman's lips, "so much" she whispered.

The blonde couldn't help but smile, "I love you too, Gina" she mumbled in response.

Emma gently cupped her face and pulled the brunette in for a searing kiss. This feeling of having Regina wrapped in her arms, pressed against her body was a feeling she never wanted to be without.

Emma grazed her teeth along Regina's lower lip causing the woman above her to let out a soft gasp. The blonde smirked into the kiss.

Emma's head hit the pillow and she pulled back. She studied the woman above her. Regina was panting slightly trying to catch her breath. Her cocoa eyes has darkened slightly.

The blonde smiled as she tucked a strand of Regina's hair behind her ear, "will you stay with me tonight?" She asked, "all night?"

Regina nodded, "yes" she whispered, "always."

A/n

Surprise?
Short chapter. I've had it written for too long. I wanted to bulk it up but I physically couldn't so like, here you go I guess?

I'm trying to get back into writing so bear with me for a bit while I get back into the swing of things 😂
It has been well over a year since I updated anything and the majority of people have probably already moved on but oh well.

Hope you all enjoy and thank you for your patience.
~Becca 🐢