Chapter 17

When I was younger I was certain that I'd be fine without someone else.

I'd be better off alone, inside this castle that was cut off from the other kingdoms by the clear ocean that separated us.

Now all I do is sit and count the miles from you to me.

Oh, Calamity.

We get older by the hour and watch the changes from afar. We keep forgetting to remember where we've been is who we are.

Now all I do is wonder, why we ever set the scene?

Oh, Calamity...

Emma stood on edge as Olivia finished fixing her into her dress for tomorrow night. The young blonde was constantly shifting her weight and moving her arms unable to remain still.

Olivia chuckled, "Emma! Stay still!" She scolded.

The young woman let out a nervous laugh "sorry" she mumbled.

Emma's excitement and nerves were building up inside and started to get the better of her the more she thought about the situation.

"It's my birthday tomorrow" she thought to herself.

A wide smile cross the young blonde's face, "Regina arrives today!" She squealed internally.

Olivia, although slightly annoyed that the Princess couldn't remain still, couldn't help but smile at how happy she was, "you're really looking forward to her being here, aren't you?" The older woman played.

Emma nodded quickly, "yeah. I am" she responded with a smile.

The dress Emma was being fitted in was much simpler than the dress she had been wearing at the ball her mother had organised over four months ago now.

"It's been over four months since Regina and I met" the thought was almost surreal in Emma's mind, it didn't seem that short. To Emma it seemed like she had known the brunette much longer.

The distance between them made their time apart go by so much slower.

The dress was tighter fitting than the last one. The skirt flowed out slightly but not as much. It was plain, red satin with a sweetheart neckline, the sleeves were short resting just below the blonde's shoulders.

The bodice of the dress was covered in lace done in an intricate floral design which meant Emma for away with not wearing a corset, which was part of what she like about it.

Although the Princess wasn't fond of the overall shape of the dress, she adored the colour and new Regina would love it.

After Olivia made the last few adjustments, taking in the sleeves to that they fit better and fixing the hem of the dress as it was just a tad too long, Emma quickly changed back into her usual white shirt and brown trousers.

Emma quickly made her way out the door and headed straight to her room to anxiously await Regina's arrival.

Emma walked into her bedroom and was instantly met by a familiar set of loving cocoa eyes.

Nothing was said between the pair as they watched each other from opposite sides of the room.

Emma watched as a wide smile crossed the brunette's face.

The Princess practically ran across the room and scooped the smaller woman into her arms. The blonde had her arms wrapped firmly around Regina's small waist lifting her up off the ground slightly as she held her as tight against her body as she could, spinning her around slightly in the process.