⛧⛧⛧XVI⛧⛧⛧

When Kate was back at her small flat she left keys on bed like Lucifer had asked. Then went to kitchen to peacefully enjoy better Wi-Fi connection and check her socials. That moment she noticed that there is one message. It was from Mathew which kind of seemed self-explanatory for her.

-Good morning, or whenever you are reading this.

I left early cause I received call from the work. And I had to leave even tho I didn't want to. Anyway I really enjoyed last night w/ u. how about we meet at the park today, around 2pm? Also I have to ask you something of very great importance.

Mathew –

What could he possibly want to tell her? Did she do something wrong? She was disturbed out of her thoughts when phone in her hands started ringing. Which made Kate to drop it on the table. Regaining herself back together she looked at the ID: mom

"What could she possibly want?" she murmured.

"Hello?" Kate asked in phone.

"Hi, sweetie. How are you doing lately? How is the new place for you working out? You can always come home." Her mother asked all at once.

"I am okay mom, thanks for asking. My flat is amazing and very cozy." Kate said and looked around the kitchen for a second then trained her gaze to the window.

"And how about your, you know. The voices?" mom quietly asked.

"Haven't heard them in like forever." This line for her has been rehearsed so many times that it came so natural to her.

"Good. Good. How about the pills? Haven't you run out of them?" mother didn't stop.

"No, I still have some. Anyways I can always buy them if I run out. I have the prescription with me. Is this the only reason why you called me?" Kate said and then looked at her nails. Maybe buy new nail polish?

"Yes and no. You see, your annual doctor's checkup is coming up, Katie." Mom said bitterly knowing very well that her daughter didn't like them.

"When?" Kate simply asked looking back up at the window.

"In two days." Her mother answered.

"Okay." Kate a replied emotionlessly.

"Should I accompany you?" mother asked.

"No. I can manage by myself." Kate sighted.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. Is there something else I should know?"

"Appointment is scheduled at 10 am." Mother explained.

"In the same office?" Kate needed more information.

"Yes." Mother said. After that there was silence.

"Okay... thanks. Consider it done already." Kate dragged.

"Thank you, sweetie. My brave little girl, Katie." Mother smiled.

"Yes, mom, I know. Please stop." Kate smiled in phone.

"Oh, fine, fine. Call me if there are some problems." Mom chuckled.

"Sure. Bye, mom." Kate said and ended the call. Lucifer is not going to like this. Here we go again. Kate thought to herself and dragged her feet to the bedroom.

"Oh, look, the keys are gone." Kate mused not really in a mood to know how they disappeared.

"I must be delusional." She mumbled and sat on the bed. Looking in the mirror she saw no one except for her own reflection.