⛧⛧⛧XVII⛧⛧⛧

"Oh, hi, Mathew!" Kate smiled in a phone.

"Hey, Kate! What's up?" Mathew asked picking up the phone.

"So what are you doing on Monday?" Kate asked.

"Well, I haven't planned much. Just some meetings in afternoon. Why are you asking?"

"I was wondering if you could do me a favor." She said not so sure about this.

"What kind of favor, Kate?" Mathew asked.

"I need to see a doctor. But before the appointment I have to take my medicine which makes me drowsy." Kate explained even though word drowsy didn't describe the feeling she had after taking those pills.

"And because of that I need someone who could help me to get there in one piece." Kate chuckled.

"Okay. But why doesn't that friend of yours helping you out?" Mathew asked out of curiosity.

"Ahhhmm... well... He's not really here at that time." Kate tried to explain.

"Fine. Okay. I'll help you. Tell me when and where." Mathew answered.

"How about at nine at my place?" Kate suggested. She needed Lucifer's help with that. Again.

"Monday. At 9 am. Your place? Sounds like another date." He laughed in the phone.

"Sure whatever, Mathew." Kate rolled her eyes at his antics and laughed.

"So till Monday, babe?" Mathew said in flirtatious tone.

"Yeah." Chuckled Kate and ended the call. Now she needed to ask Lucifer for his flat again.

Night before doctor's appointment

Kate was at Lucifer's flat. In the bedroom where she left her stuff. And somehow she had forgotten that it was supposedly be Lucifer's bedroom. Again.

She was standing in front of a big mirror with Lucifer looking right back at her. Holding the bottle of pills in her left hand.

"So this is goodbye?" Kate murmured.

"Just for a little while." Lucifer assured her softly.

"You will be there even if I won't see you?" she asked as if she was just a small child needing to be assured.

"Yes. And I will be there when the pills will wear off, too." He felt as if he was trying to calm down a child indeed. Kate gave him a small unsure smile and looked down at the pills. Small yawn escaping her small tired frame.

"Come on. Off to bed you pop." Lucifer murmured and pointed at the bed. Kate went to bed and wrapped herself in blanket.

"Stay." Kate whispered before Devil could retire for the night. Lucifer looked at her. This was the first time she had asked him to stay longer at night then needed. Usually he was gone by now and Kate didn't need him for the night.

"At least until I fall asleep." She continued and poured two pills in her hand.

"You need three pills, Katherine." Lucifer sighted. Girl swallowed a lump in her throat not knowing why it was there and added a third pill to the two others.

"Will you stay?" she asked voice full of hope.

"Take the pills." Lucifer softly chided. Girl only nodded and popped them in her mouth while reaching for glass of water on the nightstand. Taking mouthful of water she swallowed the pills shiver running down her spine.

"Lucifer, will you stay?" girl didn't seem to stop.

"Will you stay until I fall asleep?" come her small voice again in the big room.

"You and I both know that pills soon will take the affect. Even before you had fallen asleep." Lucifer quietly explained.

"I don't care. I just need to know that you will be here." Girl seemed clingy all of sudden.

"If you need me, then I shall be here." He inclined his head towards girl in bed. Chair appearing behind him. With a small sighted he sat down.

"Sleep then and stop looking at me." He chuckled when Kate was still sitting and looking at the Devil.

"Or you are just patiently waiting for the pills to start working? This, by my experience, should be very soon." Lucifer leaned back in chair. Girl didn't say anything just sighted and looked down at her hands. Why did she hate these moments so much? Girl blinked few times feeling that her head is getting heavy. She looked at Lucifer with fear in her eyes. He saw it and leaned forward.

"Lucifer...?" Kate asked in trembling voice.

"Everything is okay. I am still here." He cooed. Girl nodded her head in a fast manner and let out a chocked sob. God, she heated herself so much right now. She hated to be seen week and crying especially in front of Lucifer. How she hated the black outs she sometimes had when pills took over her mind. Hated how she had to lie about not seeing things that she saw. In this moment she wanted to be hugged and protected and told that soon everything will be okay. So Kate hugged blankets closer to her chest and let out a shaky breath.

"You are doing great, darling." Lucifer said to her. Kate looked at him once more. Lucifer hated seeing her beautiful face tear stained. She tried to smile at him; grateful even for that little encouragement. Lucifer saw how that small smile turned into thin line and how her eyes become drowsy.

"Have pleasant dreams, princess." Lucifer smiled softly as he saw girl falling backwards into his bed's pillows. 

A/N: 

I love this chapter so much! Pure Fluff.

Do people of the void enjoy new cover for this book?

Courtesy of  EmmaAlexandriaBauer

Enjoy reading and pardon me for any errors!

FEAST PEOPLE OF THE VOID, MY CHILDREN!!!