quatre

"joshua, what is that?"

the small french boy questioned as he saw josh unravel a somewhat small piece of bubble tape from its pink dispenser.

"it's bubbletape" josh murmured while facing the smaller boy.

however tyler stood still, the same dangerously confused facial expression plastered on his face; as if he were just explained the theory of the universe and different dimensions in spanish. 

"oh don't tell me they don't have bubbletape in france"

tyler shrugged shyly, unaware of this new american tape thing. sure, tyler knew about duct tape and scotch tape. but bubbletape? he didn't remember his english teachers teaching him that.

but suddenly, tylers eyes widened as josh inserted the piece he previously cut off into his mouth, chewing it happily.

"joshua! stop! you cannot eat tape, you will die!"

the now fully alert boy dashed towards josh, grabbing the sides of his face frantically.

"woaw tyler! calm down! it's gum!" josh half yelled while ripping off the other boys warm hands from his face.

"no joshua it is tape! you will choke and die!"

"tyler it's bubblegum"

tylers arms dropped to his side, now slightly relieved that josh was okay and wasn't dying, "what is bubblegum?"

"it's like," josh pondered, wondering how to explain the wonders of gum to a slowly fascinated foreign student, "candy, but chewy"

tyler reached out a hand, beckoning the taller boy to place a particularly smaller piece of the gum in his palm. he bit his lip, examining the treat closely.

soon he turned around, finding a random paper that was thrown onto josh's desk previously that day. tyler then turned to a nearby wall, slapping the blank paper on the surface while josh watched in utter confusion. he placed the pink candy on top of the paper, in hopes of keeping the paper vertically stuck on the wall.

however, the small boy jumped backwards in surprise when the gum and paper fell downwards with a slight crumble on the floor.

"this is not tape" tyler spoke, his voice laced with disappointment. 

"i know, i already told you tyler. its gum you chew it."

"but it is not gum," the flustered boy began to argue, "it is tape, you said it yourself. and if i am not correct tape sticks to things, yes?"

"tyler" josh sighed, his head in his hands, "just - eat it"

another piece was handed to the confused boy as he studied the candy once more. he looked towards a hopeful josh, soon realizing he was unable to get out of this confused mess.