trente-neuf

"tyler we're all going to miss you!" josh's mom spoke, hugging the small boy tightly.

josh felt numb as he helped pack bags into his moms car. he had always dreaded this day, and he never thought that it would come so fast.

the two boys sat in the back, both of them taking every ounce of energy they had to keep from crying. josh was squeezing tylers hand for reassurance, telling him everything would be okay.

an hour drive felt like five minutes to the boys. throughout the car ride josh had been scrolling through his camera roll, reminiscing on memories they had prior. all of his camera roll contained tyler.

the worst part was the secret "i love you's" and the quiet loving smiles they shared. they wanted to sob and kiss eachother one last time, but joshs mom was a foot away.

"alright, here we are"

they waited until josh's mom got out of the car to open the back to make eye contact.

yet they couldn't say anything.

tyler whimpered, "m' scared"

"i know, me too" josh watched as tears rolled down tylers raspberry cheeks, "tyler please you're gonna make me cry"

the small brunette hurriedly wiped his tears with josh's hoodie. he insisted on wearing it, since he couldn't stand remembering him over just pictures.

another hour passed with waiting in the airport and getting everything situated for tylers flight. every chance they could the boys interlocked fingers and gave eachother loving looks.

"flight to paris, france is boarding"

"tyler no not yet" they gave eachother saddened and scared looks. neither knew what to do.

his mom suddenly hugged the brunette tightly, "oh tyler we're going to miss you so much! you've been such a blessing"

"i will miss you as well, thank you" a small smile ghosted his lips.

the two boys hugged tightly, hugging like they never had before. however, in fear that his mom would make assumptions, josh had to break free of tylers torso. causing the other to hitch his breathing.

"come back anytime you can" josh spoke, his vocal chords shaking.

tyler stared while tears pricked his eyes, "of course, you've been a great friend"

the word stung and tyler knew it.

"last call for paris, france"

"i guess i have to go now" tyler spoke, forcing himself not to cry.

he began to walk away in the sea of people,

"goodbye" josh waved,
one last time.

tyler looked back once more, taking a mental photo knowing that it was the last time he would see him again.

"au revoir"

•*•*•*•*•

tyler sat in his place seat, letting tears pummel his cheeks. he held his head in his hands, feeling the worst possible pain in his chest.

he gasped, however, when he felt something crinkling in his back pocket.

a note.

tyler hurriedly pulled out the unknown piece of paper that was in his pocket, taking a breath before opening it quickly.

bonjour mon amore,

first of all, i know i've fucked up. i know i've done some shitty things to you. i know i've made you cry. but nothing has ever made me feel like you did. i've never met anyone as kindhearted, understanding, and completely lovely as you. you are my everything. you are my light. you are my happiness.

i love you so incredibly fucking much i can't even put it in to words. you are the only person to make me feel happy when i feel shitty. you're the only person that understood me. you knew what i was thinking when i needed you. you were always there.

ever since the ferris wheel i've been saving up. saving up to go back to you. there's no way that i'll let you go. remember when i was teaching you how to skateboard? remember when you never fell when i was holding you? that's like now. i won't ever let you fall, tyler joseph. i will always be there, and i will never let you go.

i'm running out of space and this paper is ruined from water damage from my fucking crying. but overall, thank you. thank you for coming in to my life. i won't ever let you go.

je t'aime

ne me laisse pas partir

joshua xxx

tyler put the paper down in hysterics. he didn't care about everyone else on the plane, he was in the back anyways.

he read the note over and over and over again. the ink beginning to run from the tears that pricked the paper. he looked outside the window to see all of the houses and towns grow smaller as he was finally leaving.

and in that moment, he regretted saying that one stupid greeting he said as soon as he saw the man he fell in love with:

bonjour

xx