vingt-sept

"are you allowed to be doing that, joshua?"

tyler asked, sitting amongst the kitchen counter whilst his feet swung below him. he watched as the curly haired boy rolled by him on a gray skateboard, letting a slight laugh leave his lips. although tyler was cautious about the boys safety, he did secretly love the rebellious vibe josh had been giving off. he found it quite amusing.

"i dunno" josh laughed, soon after doing an ollie as he rolled into the foyer.

tyler sighed, slightly rolling his eyes as he dropped to the floor and followed the playful boy.

"you are going to scrape the floor if you keep doing that"

josh kicked his skateboard up on one side, flipping the opposite side up to reach his hand, "oh i'm sorry mr. skateboard-expert, would you like to try?"

tyler let out a huff of air, "joshua, i can do that with my eyes closed."

the taller of the two raised his eyebrows and reached his board out to tyler, incredibly doubtful that he knew how to skate. he watched as the brunettes cocky attitude slowly faded through his facial structure as he slowly placed the board flat on the floor.

tylers eyes were glued to the board below him, cautiously stepping onto the still surface. his arms suddenly flew up to his sides, frantically adjusting his balance. soon after, he finally stood still on the board, giving josh a look that read "ha."

"okay, you can stand on it. that's not actually skating"

"i beg to differ joshua"

"tyler you're just standing there"

"i am getting ready"

"for what? to get off?"

"no," tyler crossed his arms abruptly. he then realized by putting his arms down, his balance also faltered drastically. he gasped as the skateboard suddenly flew out from underneath his feet, leaving his butt to land with a loud thump on the hardwood floor beneath him. he let out a groan of hurt as the boy beside him laughed with slight sympathy.

"joshuaaaa stop laughing and help me"

josh reached out a hand to the slightly injured boy, "is your butt okay?"

"no" he said, slightly wincing as josh pulled him up to stand.

"you don't know how to skate do you?"

tyler shook his head, earning a laugh from the other, "you want me to teach you?" josh asked.

"why not? it cannot be that hard"

minutes later the two boys were outside on the pavement, tylers feet firmly planted on the still board. his hands grasped josh's shoulders as if his life depended on it, all the while josh was giving little directions to the boy.

"this is hard. how are you good at this joshua?" tyler asked, his eyes fixated on his feet below him.

josh shrugged, holding tylers waste as he slightly moved him forward.

"joshua-" tyler said nervously.

"it's okay, you're not gonna fall"

"joshua there's a rock right there i am going to fall"

"tyler that's twenty feet away."

"that does not mean i am not going to fall" the boy retorted anxiously.

"tyler, you can trust me okay? i won't let you fall"

the anxious brunette looked up from the slowly moving board below him. his eyes met with josh's, feeling his heart swell in an instant.

josh smirked, "you want to kiss me don't you?"

tyler nodded, a beaming smile soon peeking through his teeth. their lips met lightly, both boys smiling through the short lived kiss. tyler had to break off, though, considering the board started moving downhill slightly. josh, however, caught tylers waste once more.

"see? never let you fall"

the boys were out there for hours, laughing and joking in about how bad tyler was at skateboarding. it took many many tries, however, the boy did manage to skate down the whole block. with josh right by his side, of course. sure skating down the block may have taken twenty minutes, but it was worth it.

"you did it!" josh exclaimed, holding up two hands for high fives.

tyler slapped his hands on josh's, soon interlacing their fingers together in a sloppy transition, "i did it!"

looking around for once that day, both boys soon noticed that the sun had almost set. they both grew silent, staring at the mixed pinks and oranges that filled the sky above them. tyler found himself smiling, putting his dimples on display.

"what are you so happy about?" josh asked, finding the smirk that played on the boys lips incredibly lovely.

tyler sighed, "do you really want to know?"

"of course"

"well for one," he started, "debby is gone - i think"

"tyl-"

"and you are okay. i am happy that you are okay, because before, something was wrong. but you are here, i am here, we are here, and we are okay"

josh sighed contently, "youre too much," he laughed, "let's go back, it's getting cold"

the two smiled at eachother and began to walk up the street where josh's house sat. they interlaced their fingers, swinging their hands too and fro happily. somewhere in the walk, tylers legs got tired, so he decided on climbing on josh's back for the rest of the time.

"okay tyler we're ba-"

"donputmedown" he mumbled into the boys shoulder.

josh laughed, "you're a real pain you know that?"

"i know joshua"