vingt-cinq

"and then he just - kissed you?"

"yeah! i mean - that's how i remember it at least"

"see? i told you if you just apologized everything would be okay."

"well yeah - i guess"

"you guess?"

josh paused, "well i might have - you know"

"you might have..."

"forgot what happened kinda sorta maybe a little"

josh heard a sigh exit from the boy on the other line, disappointment in his tone, "you forgot everything that happened? again? wait - how do you know that you guys fought?"

"well all i really know is that tyler told me we were fighting about something stupid, and i kind of came too and he was just - loving me i guess"

"even when you forgot who he was?"

"no that's the thing!" the boy started, "i promised i would never forget him earlier and - and i didn't. so i guess he was just super happy about that and that made him realize how much i really cared about him. and he kissed me"

"aw" josh could practically see the heartwarming facial expression that showed on brendon's face, "my little gay son!"

"i'm not gay, b"

there was a pause on the other line, signaling brendon either hung up or threw his phone out the window. josh sighed,

"okay maybe i'm a little gay"

"there it is! only took several months"

"yeah yeah whatever"

josh was laying in bed with tyler cuddled against him. he looked downward to see the small brunette with his delicate lashes closed shut against his chest. josh let himself stare for seconds, wanting to pause this moment and cherish it forever.

"hello gay bitch answer to me when i'm talking to you"

"oh sorry i uh - spaced out" he said a little quieter, now realizing tyler had fallen asleep.

"i said what are you going to do about debby?"

josh wanted to roll his eyes to the back of his head, even hearing her name made his stomach churn. he thought for a moment, leaving brendon to conclude that he 'spaced out' again. however, an incredible thought came to his mind. something he'd never ever thought of doing in a million years.

"i gotta go"

the curly haired boy ended the call suddenly, now focusing his attention to tyler who slept peacefully on his chest. he hated waking people up, but he decided he'll let this slide since he was going to do something totally out of his realm. josh took a mental photo of the beautiful boy in front of him, and slowly reached a hand toward his cheek.

"tyler? ty wake up"

a sudden inhale was heard from the startled boy as he then moved his head to nuzzle more into the boys chest. the brunette groaned in annoyance, slowly opening his eyes.

"you hate debby right?" tyler rolled his eyes and gave josh a cold stare as if to say, "duh."

"good. you wanna do something cool?"