trente-trois

"joshua?"

silence.

tyler called on top of the staircase, wanting to hear his voice call back up. his lungs slowly suffocated when he realized that he hadn't called back up - after the phone call.

"joshua are you down -" he ran down the stairs, entering where he had seen josh last, however no sign of him was there, "- here? joshua!"

he looked all around downstairs, no sign of him showed. he stopped breathing once he saw josh's shoes were gone, along with his phone. hurriedly passing the counter alongside him he stopped abruptly, feeling his heart sink as a note lay flat with a pen next to it.

this note is addressed to tyler robert joseph, the one person i actually truly fell in love with,

remember that time when you acted like there as nobody else in the world but us? when nothing else mattered? when all the shit that was going on fell to pieces but you were still there? remember that?

remember when i had to mentally force myself to beat my dementia just so i could remember you? do you know how hard that is? do you know how much work i put into us? into you?

thank you.

thank you for throwing everything away. i barely noticed that you're leaving in two weeks because trust me, i counted. maybe it's one, i don't remember. i hope you have a good life, because you surely ruined those four months of my life while you were here. thank you for absolutely nothing but heartache.

i hope chante makes you feel better.

sincerely, your once dreamed to be boyfriend, joshua.

"no" tylers hands shook, "nonononono." suddenly he pulled out his phone and hurriedly dialed his ex's number, his eyes growing teary.

(i'm changing what they say to english bc not even google translate has time for that)

"tyler? hello? it is two in the morning"

"what did you tell him!" he screamed, hoping nobody was in the house.

"tyler baby i knew you'd call back, i missed you"

"you are not my boyfriend! why did you tell him you wer-!"

the boy on the other end interrupted lazily, "calm down man it was just a prank" more voices on the other end laughed along with him, forcing tyler to connect the dots that it was most likely a dare for chante call tyler in the first place.

realizing the boy was useless, tyler hung up the phone, slamming it on the note. he went outside, noticing how josh's skateboard was gone and how his extra was still there. he barely knew how to skate with josh let alone by himself. it was his only choice. and he knew where josh could be.