Shaken Up Part Five

"Is there any way we could help with Harry?" Louis asked once Liam had rejoined them at the table.

Liam looked at his son in confusion as he sat back down. "What do you mean?" 

"Like, help him feel more at home, I guess." Louis shrugged. It has always been easy for Zayn and Louis to bond with the kids that came and went, but for some reason things weren't going as smooth with Harry. 

"Honestly your dad and I are still figuring that out." Niall told them with a sad smile. "We hoped today would get him to open up more to us but we're back to square one I guess." He sighed.

"Well we're gonna try to start tutoring him tomorrow so I hope that's just another opportunity for us to get closer to him." Liam said: They couldn't really enroll Harry in school because they weren't sure how long he'd be staying, so Liam and Niall settled with just tutoring him. Zayn however, looked at him incredulously.

"Really, dad?" Zayn asked. "Bonding over education?"

"What's wrong with that?" Liam frowned.

"They do need our help..." Louis mumbled, making Zayn laugh. 

---

The next day, Harry was already awake by 7am thanks to how early he'd gone to bed. He woke up in a soaked diaper, but at least it wasn't a soaked bed. Despite waking up that early Harry chose to stay in bed; he didn't really feel like seeing anyone right now. Whenever someone opened the door to his room he'd immediately shut his eyes and pretend he was asleep. 

For the time that Harry spent in bed, he tried to come up with plans to stop himself from getting attached. He realized that he was doing so because Liam and Niall seemed so much more caring towards him than anyone else had been. Surely, they wouldn't be so caring anymore if he was an even more difficult child, right?

His thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Liam opening the bedroom door. "Harry?" Liam said in a soft voice as he approached Harry's bed. "It's time to get up, bud. It's time for breakfast." 

Just as Liam sat on Harry's bed, Harry realized that this would probably be a good time for his plan to unfold. "No." Harry said in a monotonous voice, making Liam frown in confusion. Okay even Harry had to admit that was pretty weak; just a 'no'? Well you have to cut him some slack he was caught unprepared. 

"Are you not hungry?" Liam asked.

"No." Harry said again. In all honesty he was, but he was going to stand firm on his ground so he turned on his side so he wouldn't be facing Liam. 

"It's already half past nine, Harry. You gotta eat something." Liam insisted. 

"I said I'm not hungry." Harry grumbled in response. 

If this was Louis or Zayn giving him attitude, Liam would have had none of it but this was Harry; he knew he needed to take a gentler approach. "How about just one waffle? Or maybe even an apple? You need to get some food in you, buddy." 

"I'm not eating." Harry told Liam in the most deadpan voice he could muster. 

"Will you at least let me change you?" Liam sighed. He figured there was no point in arguing right now, and maybe Niall could do better in the food department. He could at least get Harry cleaned up. 

"Don't need'a change." Harry mumbled.

"I think you and I both know that's a lie, Harry." Liam gently said, to which Harry just whined in response to. Harry would've argued harder but he did want out of the wet diaper already. He then mentally slapped himself when he realized he should've just done so on his own earlier.