Achoo (Narry)

(Louis, Liam and Zayn all went to a bar, while Niall and Harry decided to pass on this one)

“ACHOO.” Harry sneezed in the middle of nowhere.

“Bless you.” I said. It’s always so cute when Harry sneezes. I went back to playing Candy Crush, but not more than 2 minutes later Harry sneezed again.

“Bless you.” I said again, without looking up. It was probably just some morning thing. But literally 30 seconds later, Harry sneezed again, and again, and again.

“Harry, you alright?” I looked up, giving him a worried look. He was still in his jammies, but I’d changed him out of his diaper already. He had his knees to his chest and both hands were covering his mouth to his nose, like he’d just finished sneezing.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Harry tried to reassure me.

“Alright…” I said, not so convinced.

But a minute later Harry was still sneezing.

I grabbed some tissue from the coffee table and scooted over to Harry. “Blow your nose bub.” I said as I put the tissue to his nose. After discarding the tissue I put my hand to Harry’s forehead and frowned.

“You feel a bit warm.” I said. “Are you sure you’re feeling well?”

I was expecting him to deny it, but Harry just rubbed his eye sleepily and shook his head. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him, it’s probably all the stress acting up now. I picked him up without another word, and it just confirmed he didn’t feel well because he just immediately rested his head on my shoulder and lay limp instead of arguing about being able to walk. I carried him to the kitchen and sat him down on one of the counters as I got some medicine from the cupboards and a spoon.

“You wanna get better, right?” I chuckled as Harry gave me a face when he saw the medicine.

“Won’t rest do?” He whined.

“It will, but this can speed things up.” I smiled as I put some syrup onto the spoon. I moved it closer to his mouth but he just pursed it harder, if that was even possible.

“C’mon Haz, don’t make me hold your nose again.” I laughed, but he just scrunched up his eyebrows.

I moved to hold his nose, he tried to pry off my hand but he was too tired and couldn’t even move it a centimeter.

Eventually Harry had to breathe so he opened his mouth and I took the opportunity.

“I hate you.” Harry said as he scrunched up his face, I just laughed and picked him back up, giving him a light kiss on the cheek. On the way up, Harry was still sneezing.

I lay him down on his bed and got his diaper and powder.

“Don’t pee on me, okay?” I joked before sliding off Harry’s underwear.

“I’m not gonna—achoo!—pee on you.” Harry said, crossing his arms, giving me a pout.

“I’m kidding, bub.” I chuckled as I proceeded to diaper him. He was limp, so I didn’t get much help, but it wasn’t hard anyway, given that Harry’s a bit small. I finished changing him and put him in one of my jumpers just to make him a bit warmer. I was about to lay him down properly on his bed but he began to argue.

“I don’t wanna sleeeeep.” He whined.

“You need your rest.”

“I’m not tired.”  He argued, and I sighed.

“You don’t need to be tired to rest! I rest all the time!” I played.

“But we’re rarely alone and I really wanted to play with you today.” Harry frowned. I didn’t know if he was just looking for an excuse to try to win me over, but still, that was the cutest thing by far and it did make me smile. Plus he did look genuinely sad and he’s not the best actor in the world.