Chapter 5 Run and Hide

Chapter 5: Run and Hide

After Raph had punched Moonlight, he could not help but think how mad and upset Moonlight would be. But she didn’t seem to be mad or upset at all. Things had gone back to almost normal. She would smile at him, and he would smile back now. Raph decided to take the advice of his older brother Leo. He began to talk with Moonlight, and got to know her better. He found that she was even more perfect than he thought. She could hold her own in a fight, and didn’t like to run, the same as Raph. They shared battle stories, and scars that they had received from fighting. They laughed at each other, and showed each other new fighting moves. And with every day Raph spent next to Moonlight, he forgave himself a little more, for the way he had treated her. No matter how many times he had apologized, she always looked at him with a smile and told him “You don’t have to say you’re sorry. It is all ok.” But Raph just couldn’t help it.

For the first time in a while, Moonlight had finally seen the sky. The guys thought it would be a good idea for her to get out and get some fresh air. It was 9:00 pm when the guys had lead her out into the sewer, Raph staying very close to her. Finally they reached a manhole cover and climbed up onto the street. Right away, Mikey, Donny, and Leo jump up to the nearest fire escape, then up onto the roof of the building where to the five of them had come up next to. Moonlight looked up and could hear laughter over the edge of the building.

“Is that how I have to get up there?” Moonlight asked, turning to Raph, who stood to her right. When Raph looked at her, he could see the fear in her eyes, and the worry. She wasn’t as graceful as he and his brothers. He knew she was probably worried about falling on the way up, or not making it there.

“No ya don’t have ta if ya don’t want ta.” Raph said with a smile on his on his face. “You could always go inside the building and find your way up…” He said eyeing her. “Or ya could stop bein shy, and come here.”

Moonlight stepped towards Raph unsure what he would do. With a slight bend at the waist, he swiped Moonlight up in his arms and jumped. In mid-air, Moonlight wrapped her arms around Raph’s neck and closed her eyes tight. A minute later she felt her body jerk and then there was nothing.

“Ya can open your eyes now.” Raph said, a little joy in his voice. Moonlight opened her eyes to see Raph looking down at her, with a smile on his face.

“Ya want me ta set ya down” Raph asked, when Moonlight didn’t loosen her death grip on Raph. She looked up too where her arms were wrapped around the back of his neck.

“If you want me too.” She said. Looking in his eyes, she could see a spark of something, but it was soon turned off.

“Ya might want too. The guys are way ahead of us.” He said keeping the smile and speaking in a cool voice. He set her feet back on the ground, surprised at how light she really was. When he turned to see where his brothers were, they were already four roof tops away. “Common ‘Commander’. Show me what ya got.” Raph said taking off. After jumping the first roof, Raph knew he would have to stop and wait for Moonlight, to make sure she made it. But as Raph came to a stop, Moonlight whizzed past him laughing.

“Why did you stop?” Moonlight yelled over her shoulder. “If this is a race, I don’t think you know the concept.”

If it’s a race she wants, then it’s a race she will get. Raph thought. Taking off in a sprint in an attempt to ketch up with her, noticing how fast of a runner she was. With every step Raphael took, Moonlight took 2 more. He was about to give up when he thought of what his brothers would say. After the talk he and Leo had several weeks ago, Leo had gone to his brothers and told them. Though they kept the secret, every chance the three of them had, they would pair up Moonlight with Raph. Raphael knew his brothers would say he gave up to let his ‘girlfriend’ win even though they were not together. He wasn’t going to give them that satisfaction.