Chapter 18 Fire

Chapter 18: Fire

The next morning when Raph awoke, Moonlight had already gone. He made his way into the kitchen and saw her standing next to the stove cooking breakfast for everyone. He walked over to her as quiet as he could. With her back turned to him, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close. She moved her arms so they were above his and placed her hands on his hands. She felt his hot breath on her neck as he buried his face in the space between her shoulder and jaw.

“Good morning.” Moonlight said with a smile on her face. She turned around his arms. She only had a moment to look into his eyes before he closed them to kiss her.

“Hey.” He said pulling back a little, just enough to see her eyes. Every time he looked into to light green orbs, he would get lost. But it was good kind of lost. The best part was when she kissed him to bring him back. As they kissed once more, he leaned forward to push her against the counter. He moved his hands down to the dip in her hips and pulled her in tighter.

“Can you two not touch each other for three second?” Came Mikey’s voice from the doorway.

“Ya know, you, Nano, and Ana are the same way. So don’t go and give me shit.” Raph said pulling away from Moonlight with a grin on his face.

“Point taken.” Mikey said, as he sat down at the table.

Late in the afternoon, Moonlight had gone off to April’s shop to help her watch it while she went to the store. But soon got a call from April that she had to leave town for the night for a family issue.

When Nobody left, Leo and Raph decided to catch up on things, so they began to spare. Their weapons clashed against each other after 15 minutes of fighting. Finally, Raph had to talk to Leo. Leo was the only one with a good enough head his shoulders to give Raph advice.

“So… ah Leo?” Raph had asked when their match had ended.

“Yeah?” Leo said.

“I…. I uh. Wanted to ask ya for your opinion.”

“On?” Leo asked with curiosity.

“I’ve been thinkin’ about askin’ Moonlight to uh…” Raph began to say but couldn’t find the words.

“To what?” Leo asked, even though had a good guess as to what Raph was going to ask.

“Marry me.” He finally said looking down at the floor. “I mean, we’ve been together for almost two years, and she is already family, but I’ve been thinking of taking that next step. Ya know?”

“I think it’s a wonderful idea!” Leo said when he heard the uncertainty in his brother’s voice. “You should. Does anyone else know?”

“Only Casey. When I told him, he went out and got a ring for me everything.” Raph said placing his hand on the back of his head. “So ya really think I should?”

“Yes!” Leo said walking up to him. “You should.”

Moonlight stood behind the counter of April’s shop. It was a slow day, but every once in a while the occasional wanderer would walk in, look around and ask questions. Some would buy a trinket or two. But one person came in and look very suspicious.

“May I help you?” Moonlight said with a smile on her face as she walked towards the man. He wore a tan rain jacket and black shoes. He had tan hat and short jet black hair. 

“Yeah. Can you tell me what this is?” He said pointing to an old Katana blade, his accent very strong. It was an Israeli type of accent.

“Yes. That is a Qing Dynasty Samurai Katana Sword. It is 18th century.”