Chapter 27 Go!

Chapter 27. Go!

Raph hung on the wall with his brothers next to him. He needed to find a way to get out. They all knew what was coming, Shredder would come in and ask them where Moonlight was and torture them if they didn’t say anything. It was just a matter of time till Moonlight figured out where they were and would come and get them. 

Raph looked up when the door to the cell opened up and Hun walked in with four Foot ninjas at his side. 

“Take their masks off!” Hun ordered. “We need them.”

One by one, each ninja walked up to the turtles and removed their masks. Hu keeping an evil grin on his face, which stretched from one ear to the other. 

Just like that, Hun left the room and the ninjas followed. 

“We need to get to the command room. It is the only place where we can find the turtles.” Karai said in a whisper, as she and Moonlight crept along the hallway alert for any movement. “I will access the cameras and find them. Once I have, we must hurry to their location and take them to the surface.”

“Wait.” Moonlight said as they rounded a corner. Karai frozen in path and looked off down the dark concert hallway. Four sets of red glowing eyes appeared from the darkness. 

“The elite.” Karai said.   

“No” Moonlight said under her breath. She had faced them before, but lost miserably. “Karai go.” She said. 

“What?” Karai asked. “I am not leaving you here.”

“I said go.” Moonlight said firmly as the glowing red eyes seemed to follow her every move. “Find the guys and get them the hell out of here.” 

“Moonl-“ Karai began, but as she spoke the eyes disappeared. 

“Go!” Moonlight yelled as she took off. “I’ll take care of the elite. You go and get the guys.”

“Once I have found them, I will come for you!” Karai yelled back.

“I won’t be here.” Moonlight whispered as she ran off into the darkness after the elite. 

Moonlight kept her left hand on the wall to guide her through the darkness, and her right hand ready to fight if need be. She walked slowly and stopped when she saw a light up ahead of her. It was a golden light. But then four figures shot out in front of the light for a split second and disappeared into the room where the light was. If it was fight they wanted, then it was fight they would get, even if it meant her life. She would protect the turtles. The promise she made Leo so long ago rang in her ears, and seemed to echo throughout the tunnel. 

Karai ran through the hallway, passing Foot ninjas as she went. They only stepped out of the way to let her pass, they didn’t fight her because she was Shredder’s adopted daughter. She passed hallways and doors until she reached the command room. She told everyone to get out and they did. Finally she was on her own and could work to find the turtles. It took her only a minute to find the camera that beamed down on them and a second to find the room where they were being held. As she reached over to turn the camera off a voice spoke from behind. 

“Karai.” Shredder said. “I thought you would be here. Working with your now found friend Moonlight.” He began to let out a chuckle. “You will pay for your treason.”

“No. It is you will pay. You killed my parents. So I will kill you.” Karai said, grabbing her katana, and lunging at Shredder.