Chapter 10 The Car

Chapter 10: The Car

Angel had been bullied since she could remember. It was always by people bigger than she was. Whenever she made fun of for her purple hair, and piercings, no one was ever around to see it or hear it. But when she would try to do something about it, she would get in trouble. One day she had had enough. She had called the boy bully a name, and had used some of the moves Leo had showed her on him. The boy’s name was Rick. He was almost six feet tall, and towered over her. He had tried to hit her, but just couldn’t move his body. Because her 9th grade teacher Mrs. Tommle had seen what Angel had done, she gave Angel IRS (in school restriction.) Now, she had to bring in her guardian or family member and talk to the principal.

Angel had no parents and lived with her grandmother. She let her grandmother down before, and couldn’t let it happen again. She had to make up a plan. The meeting was going to be held after school on Friday. That day, her grandmother had a doctor’s appointment. Good, now I don’t have to worry about her. She thought. But who will go with me?

Angel had thought about asking Ana, but she was busy with the Justice Force. She then thought about Casey and April, but the two of them were both leaving town the day before. She only had one more person to ask. Moonlight. Angel looked up to Moonlight. She thought that Moonlight was a perfect person, and she wanted to be just like her. But asking her role model was something she didn’t want to do. But what choice did she have? She made her way along the streets to the turtle’s garage and made her way in. She found the secret elevator, and walked inside, the permission slip letter her principal know someone was coming, in her hands. She walked out of the elevator and into the lair. She knew that it was only a day after Moonlight had woken up from her death thing, and knew that she might not be able to make it. But she had to ask. She walked around the lair, and saw Moonlight and Raph sitting on the couch watching a movie.

Moonlight heard someone come into the lair, and turned to see who it was. “Angel!” She said, seeing the 15 year old girl walk towards her and Raph. “It’s so good to see you.”

“Hey” Angel replied back.

Raph turned his head to see Angel, “Hey kiddo, whats up?” He asked.

“I uh-… Wanted to talk to Moonlight.” She said in a shy voice.

“Ok, come and sit down.” Moonlight said. Angel took a seat on the chair that was next to the couch and looked over at Raph and Moonlight. Moonlight sat to Raph’s left, and his arm was draped over her shoulder. “What did you need to talk about?” Moonlight asked. Angel looked up to see Moonlight looking right at her, and she also saw the gash in the side of Moonlights face.

“I uh- uh needed to ask you something.” Angel said, looking back at Moonlight.

“Ok. Fire away.” She said with a smile on her face.

“Ok…. So I have gotten ISR, and I need someone to go in and talk to the principal, but everyone I have asked is busy. I was wondering if you would go.” Angel said, looking away from Moonlight.

“Ya got ISR. Whats that?” Raph asked.

“It stands for In School Restriction.” Moonlight said. “And of course I will go. I have had ISR numerous times.

“Really? Thanks!” Angel said.

“No problem. What day and time?” Moonlight asked.

“This Friday. An hour after school” Angel said.

“Ok. I will be there. Then after, I can take you home.” She said as she noticed Raph look. He had a look of concern, and she knew he didn’t want her to go. “I will be fine. Fresh air will de me good. But I will need a ride to your school Angel. Let’s go on a little field trip.” Moonlight said as she stood up. “Come on.”