Chapter 29. Dark

Chapter 29.

Falling.

Darkness.

A fading light at the end.

Her life had gone. There was nothing more to her.

Her past reached out down the jagged tunnel she was falling through. Nothingness.

Here and there were faces from the past. People she had known that had died. People that she had killed. All of them surrounded by the dark. Their faces giving off pale light. They laughed at her and sneered. None of them helped her.

Moonlight was falling and no one was there but her enemies.

There was no end to the dark. No end to the torture. And no end to Death……

Moonlight’s body jerked back and forth, shaking violently. Her eyes shot open and her lungs took in a gasping breath, as heart seemed to almost explode right out of her chest. She looked around in terror.

“Where am I?” She thought.

The room was medal plating from the floor to the walls to the ceiling. There were wicked looking tools on the table next to her on her right. Her hands were bound above her head and her feet dangled off the floor. She was in the middle of the room. Under her was a black hole. How deep was unknown, but it looked big enough to hold a body. She looked up and saw the chain that attached her shackles to the ceiling, but it had a wheel to lower to chain if needed. She had only a bra and spandex shorts on. Moonlight’s abdomen screamed with pain. She let out a shrill of pain and confusion and looked down. Along her stomach were stiches that covered about six inches from side to the other. A dark liquor dripping from them. Confused of where she was she began to panic. Then she heard a voice.

“I hope you like your stay here, Ms. Savig. Because you will be here for a while.” A man in a white shirt and a long black over coat spoke from in front of her. His voice was a straight to point sounding and monotone. It was like he had no emotions. His black hair was gelled back, and his pants and shoes were black as well. He wore slim dark sun glasses to hide his eyes. “My name is Bishop. Welcome back to the living.”